Help needed for my November 2017 hunt in South Africa

cem rona ergin

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
south africa,russia,turkey
Guys I need help!
I am planning a hunt for 10 days in South Africa in November .
Since my wife is going to come with me i need to find a place with great accommodations . Last year I were in Serapa safaris and the place was perfect ! Can you recommend anything close or better than them?
I am planning to hunt a buffalo and a lioness if I can get deal on both of them.
I also am very curious about the price of elephant .if I can get a good deal I might go for it .
What do you guys think? Maybe it is better to go for an
elephant while the ban in US still in effect?
I can always hunt the buffalo in 2018 .
All your comments and offers are welcome .
Thanks in advance .

Talk to Pieter at Pawprint Safaris. He can fill the list of animals you are speaking of and then some. Non exportable elephant are priced very reasonably right now. You can do exportable elephant as well from South Africa.
The triple A lodge is more like a spa resort from pictures I have seen so not sure what lodge will come up to that epically in the elephant hunting area.
However, nice comfortable lodges are available!

Talk to Pieter at Pawprint Safaris. He can fill the list of animals you are speaking of and then some. Non exportable elephant are priced very reasonably right now. You can do exportable elephant as well from South Africa.
The triple A lodge is more like a spa resort from pictures I have seen so not sure what lodge will come up to that epically in the elephant hunting area.
However, nice comfortable lodges are available!

Thx . Will do

The elephant in my avatar is one that I hunted with Pawprint Safaris.

Pricing is on the way. Just talked with pieter

@cem rona ergin ,

AAA Serapa is a amazing place, I have been there as well. Have you contacted Jacques about elephant? He can certainly help you out with elephant or a buff/lioness.

Reactions: BWH
If you're willing to plan at the very last minute, you'll probably get an amazing deal. Someone will have an unsold elephant license they need to sell Oct/Nov.

I saw $40,000 elephant sell for $12,000 last year November.

Good luck in your search.

If you're willing to plan at the very last minute, you'll probably get an amazing deal. Someone will have an unsold elephant license they need to sell Oct/Nov.

I saw $40,000 elephant sell for $12,000 last year November.

Don't think that will happen in Sa with a exportable elephant because of the limited quota for them. Yes you will see that in zim because they are just cheaper there because of being non exportable and more bulls on quota to hunt. There is always some late deals on all animals but doubt a 5 star lodge with an exportable bull in Sa will be one of them but one never knows.

.................. Yes you will see that in zim because they are just cheaper there because of being non exportable a............

Elephants in Zimbabwe ARE EXPORTABLE.
The USFWS has not taken over the WORLD yet.

The OP is in Russia and can certainly import with a CITES permit.

I am going to send the trophies to Turkey not Russia .. although I am mostly living in Russia my home is still in Istanbul .
I wonder Turkish airlines has a direct flight to Zimbabwe? Let me check ..

I was talking about the hunt roohawk was talking about. Most outfits have pricing for exportable and non exportable and charge more if you want to export out. Most market to the USA and changed as they had to. The prices crashed when the usa market closed for exporting them here.

Let me know when you find a 12,000.00 exportable zim bull ele with 5 star lodging because if you do that is one of the best deals ever. I may just hunt a ele then at that price if it is exportable by then. Have a funny feeling all the 12,000.00 ele will be back up over 30,000.00 when that happens and the usa market opens back up.

I am going to send the trophies to Turkey not Russia .. although I am mostly living in Russia my home is still in Istanbul .
I wonder Turkish airlines has a direct flight to Zimbabwe? Let me check ..

I just used your state location for my answer. In any event, if you are not shipping the Elephant to the USA you should be fine to import the trophy.

Discounted or reduced offers based on whether you retain trophies is one pricing factor.
Sadly, the description of the hunt as "exportable" or not can be misleading.
eg. Certainly for US citizens, who may choose to hunt a legally "exportable" Elephant in Zimbabwe, may currently, not import any part it into the USA.

"Late season" price reductions will be based on clearing up unused quota. As suggested earlier, this may provide you with an option, given your desired dates.

There are some excellent Outfits in Zimbabwe that can provide lodgings your wife would thoroughly enjoy.

There are several sponsors that offer Elephant hunts in Zimbabwe..

Wayne @Nyamazana Safaris
Lin @Mbalabala Safaris
Martin @Martin Pieters Safaris
Nixon @SSG Safaris

Good luck with your planning.

Good day
I have buffalo in a real upmarket lodge . Many buffalo and other plains game to choose from.

We can also look at an elephant in another area.

I don't offer Captive bred lions anymore though.
If u need lodge photos send me an email or PM

We can also help you with buffalo and lion with upscale lodge for your wife.
PM or e-mail me for a quote.
We are located in the same area as Serapa (about 1 hour away).
Serapa is a very good outfit so if you are happy with them stick with them.
Botswana would have been the place for elephant but since they closed all elephant hunting it is not an option any more.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!