Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
Alright gang,

I haven't been as active the last couple of months for a multitude of different reasons. That being said, one of them has been in the design, engineering and testing of a new broadhead that I am bringing to market. Exciting but a hell of a lot of work. I have just about everything done and the "final" prototypes will be going to Africa with me in a few weeks.

I have my corporate entity formed, name secured, tax id....all the good stuff. However, I need a name for the actual broadhead. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I kind of want someting exotic/africa sounding but I'm not sure what that is yet. I have a giant list (more than I did when naming my kids but don't tell my wife that) but I need some assistance narrowing them down. The name has to appeal to a wide array of people and they don't necessarily have to know what it means. Like "Oryx" to the Non-safari hunter sounds cool for example.

I am looking for NEW IDEAS or FEEDBACK on the current names. If you think you have a cool one please post it. If you like or hate one I have listed, please let me know. The "slogan" will be next. As for now, some random names:

Voortrekker
D.R.T. - Dead Right There
Big Prick
Oryx
Gut Pile
Kenai
Serengeti
Selous
Yukon
Mbogo
D.O.A.
Scalpel
Madman
spear chucker
Sue
Roosevelt
Gila
Rut Ro
Kufa
Morte
death row
Death blow
clotmaster
bodybag
vulture
jackal
doornail
mullet
ex wife
Mother in law
Zambezi
Debt Collector

As of right now, I am leaning towards DRT and Big Prick. PLEASE help.

I'd get rid of ex-wife, Mother in Law, Sue

I like DRT, DOA, death row, Death Blow a lot!

:

D.R.T. - Dead Right There
Gila
stilleto

Sounds like you need to send some out for Product Testing......

What weights are you producing?

Thanks for the response already! I agree, I will axe those female type names. A buddy thought they were great...me not so much.

Oh, and the BIKINIS in the headline is just to get people posting. That being said, I should at least post this curvy archer....

Attachments

• bowhunter_zps667e048b.jpg
    bowhunter_zps667e048b.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 343
I'm starting with 100 and 125. I want to add a 150 and 200 later but to get some footing in the market I need broad spectrum appeal first I think.

Mamba B.T.D. (Bleed to Death)

Thanks for the response already! I agree, I will axe those female type names. A buddy thought they were great...me not so much.

Oh, and the BIKINIS in the headline is just to get people posting. That being said, I should at least post this curvy archer....

Just told the wife I hope she got paid well for that modeling job!!!
I'm sure in a few days the swelling will subside. DRT would get my vote. Big Prick is right out! Oh and if you need some product testers, I'd be happy to give them a go!

Hey Tom lets have a sneak peek at the Broadhead might make it easier to come up with a name.

Nice advertisment!

If you would use that picture in your add, the name "Amazon" would be perfect for the broadhead.

How about the name "Heartslicer"?

Looking forward to see your broad head and hope you do well with it.

good luck with the new venture tom
i always thought vital airator would be a good name

I'd get rid of Mother in Law

Hey soon as you figure out how to do that let me know I've got one I'll pawn off on someone. :laughing:

Apache, Osprey, Goshawk, Raider, Bone Collector, Widowmaker, Black Widow, Scud, Blizzard, Reaper, Assegai..

Hey Tom,
I like:

DRT
Black Death
Mamba

Thanks guys! Keep em' coming.

It's a fixed blade head is all I'm going to say right now. Single bevel is an option as well. I will roll out the marketing materials and prototype pictures soon....just working on the website.

Seems DRT is a pretty popular choice. I do like several of the suggestions. Nothing is set yet so please keep firing away.

Yes, you guys here on AH will get some to test out. I'm already sending some to Mozambique, Japan, South Africa, Namibia, Colorado and Mexico.

D.R.T. is nice

some others: Black Death, Eviscerator, Creeping Death, TNA (The Necrosis Applicator), Sweet Spot, WMD

Don't know about Spear chucker, you couldget in trouble for that one, just saying...:)

I see what you are saying but I'm a spear chucker myself. Going to be taking my Cold Steel Samburu spear to Africa in a few weeks. I didn't mean it as a racist term but I imagine it could be interpreted that way.

For real man. Last time I was in a blind there I had some animals at 5 yards or under...gonna try it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois