Help Me Improve My Shooting Accuracy

Lots of great advice in this string. One thing I would add, get your triggers set up as close to each other as possible. Practicing with a rough heavy trigger (common on many .22’s) and hunting with a crisp 2.5# trigger would not be ideal.

As many here have said, any practice will help you. Just make sure that it isn't just slinging rounds down range. Practicing with a .22 or air rifle is great, inexpensive practice, provided that you concentrate on the basics: trigger control, breathing, target acquisition, etc... Couple that with practice with your hunting rifles.
Dry firing is a great training tool. Set up a picture of a critter on your basement or garage wall. Practice getting your UNLOADED rifle on target and "taking the shot".
Getting your shooting ready for a safari isn't something you can "cram" for, so being proactive as you are is great and I'm sure you'll do fine when you go on safari.

Gesch,

i agree with all the above. i am going to use an air rifle that is very accurate off sticks that i own and practice in my yard (not 22 friendly yard, very air rifle friendly tho). i intend to put out a ballistic putty trap, or a log round to catch pellets, and shoot at distances that simulate out to 100 yards on some cape buffalo photos printed and placed on the pellet trap.

only thing missing is the recoil! (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!