Help Leopard Age

Paul G

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia, RSA
I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, please move if need be. I am filling out my import permit for my Leopard and I do not quite know what t put for age of the animal. Please see the photo from my paperwork from my outfitter. I of course dropped him a line, but would like to get his done today if possible and get it off my plate.

Any idea?

Great hunt, awesome cat fyi.

1651073788173.png

7 years. 7 o clock

Very interesting. Thanks Brickburn for educating us all. I never would have guessed that the symbol represented a clock hand pointed at seven. However, now that you pointed it out to us all it makes perfect sense.

Any idea why that’s the convention they use?

Analog clock face. I’d suggest that It crosses language and education barriers.

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, please move if need be. I am filling out my import permit for my Leopard and I do not quite know what t put for age of the animal. Please see the photo from my paperwork from my outfitter. I of course dropped him a line, but would like to get his done today if possible and get it off my plate.

Any idea?

Great hunt, awesome cat fyi.

View attachment 464056
As stated, it is a clock face, but does not represent 7 years. It means just older tahn mid life. In the case of leopard, which tipically live 12 to 15 years, it represents close to 7 to 8 years. But in an elephant for instance, living approximately 50 years, it would have mean something like around 30 years of age. Its an indication of where the animal is age wise in his natural age cycle.

As stated, it is a clock face, but does not represent 7 years. It means just older tahn mid life. In the case of leopard, which tipically live 12 to 15 years, it represents close to 7 to 8 years. But in an elephant for instance, living approximately 50 years, it would have mean something like around 30 years of age. Its an indication of where the animal is age wise in his natural age cycle.

There you go. One more creative clock face. Thanks for the clarification. Good that the Leopard only lives 12 or so years in the wild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross