Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Folks,

As many of you are aware Bossie's home had the roof torn off and most of the contents were destroyed between the wind and water damage. Everyone is safe, thank God, but there is much re-building that will need to be done. It was suggested in the original thread that a fund be started in order for us to pitch in and help.

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/got-some-bad-news-from-one-of-our-own-from-the-site.20081/

I'll be collecting the money that we can send to Bossie and then we'll deliver it to him through wire or whatever other method that is most convenient to Bossie. I'd like to thank everyone who has already contributed in advance and ask everyone to keep Bossie and family in their prayers!

The plan is to take donations from how through 02/12/2015. If anyone donates after that we will certainly get the money to him though.

I've got Paypal, and have it linked to my bank account, so I'll be able to wire money, or transfer to Bossie's PayPal as Bossie wants/needs.

Please send me a PM, or e-mail and let me know the money is coming so I can watch for it. I'll keep a spreadsheet of who donates what. If you choose to remain anonymous please make sure and let me know and that can be done as well.

PayPal:
(https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online) using the following email address: royalnancy@bellsouth.net
- Select that this transaction is for "Friends or family".
- During the Paypal "Send Money" process, write in the Paypal "Subject:" line: Help for Bossie and in the "Message (optional): box, put your AH username. If you do not have an AH username please provide a name which I can list for my records

Check via mail:

Royal Mowery
Attn: Bossie
1265 Waterford Way
Roswell, GA 30075

Send an e-mail to royalnancy@bellsouth.net, or a PM here and let me know "the check is in the mail." Please include your AH user name as well as the name that will be on the check. When I receive the message I'll add that info to the spreadsheet so that I know to look for it.

If anyone has another way they'd like to give please let me know. I'm open, but just haven't gotten any further yet.

Thanks again to everyone in advance for all of the support you're showing to Bossie and his family!!!!

Photo0033.jpg
Photo0038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A worthy effort Royal! Its in the mail. Thanks for handling this for Bossie.

Thank you for spearheading Royal. I will PM in the morning.

I will be mailing my check out tomorrow. Thanks for taking care of the transfer of funds Royal.Will make it way easier on all of us and for bossie.

Guys ever little bit will help bossie and his family and they are worth ever penny we can send them. He is doing his best to get by and just happy his family was safe. They have a place to rent as there place gets rebuilt but lost almost everything when all the water got in the home. Thanks to all who help with getting him back on his feet.

I'm in. Every little bit will help. Bruce

I'm going to try and send somethin tomorrow. Thanks for doing this.

Royal, any idea how I can do this from here in the USA? PM me if you have any ideas. Maybe someone can send my portion with theirs, then I can Paypal it back as soon as I get back to South Africa.

I just got an email from bossie. Things are moving along and he found someone to do the work on the house. They were able to save a lot of his sons thing and some of there stuff from there room. He has had neighbors helping and lending a hand also which has been a big help.

He wanted to thank everyone who has emailed and offered to help. He can not believe how guys are reaching out that he does not even know from the site. Was even shocked with guys he knew from here through chatting that they cared that much to help a friend they have never meet in person.

I think it was a pleasant surprise to learn so many people care about a fellow hunter in need. He will make a post once he can get in to town or can get near a computer.

Royal, any idea how I can do this from here in the USA? PM me if you have any ideas. Maybe someone can send my portion with theirs, then I can Paypal it back as soon as I get back to South Africa.

Should just be as simple as gong to paypal.com and signig in, unless paypal works differently in Africa? I'massuming you have Paypal lined to an account of some sort. If you're using a smartphone and have data there is also a Paypal App that is easy to use.

If for any reason you can't sign in just send me a PM with wht you'd like to donate and I will cover you. I know where to find you -SA, Namibia, Zambia, or the U.S., or Canada.... ;)

Terrible news so early in 2015 I do not run PayPal any other way of getting funds over from the US?

My best always

Royal~
Funds have been sent. FYI.
Thanks again!
BWH

Ok so what's the deal? Window closed?

Terrible news so early in 2015 I do not run PayPal any other way of getting funds over from the US?

My best always

You're still here in the states, correct Jaco?

Perhaps mail a money order to me, or western union? I don't mind going to the grocery store to pick up western union at all. I'll get the money to Bossie if you can get it to me. Shoot me a PM if we need to talk further.

That is terrible news. Glad everyone is safe. PM and donation inbound.

John

Royal, placed check in the mail this morning. I chatted by e mail this morning with Bossie, he is so very appreciative of everyone here helping him. It's amazing to me how we look out for each other in this terrible time for one of our own. I sure wish we didn't have to do this though.:unsure:

I feel stupid, I didn't know they had tornados in Africa lol. I'm pretty used to them here in the panhandle of Texas but had no idea they occurred In Africa.

I feel stupid, I didn't know they had tornados in Africa lol. I'm pretty used to them here in the panhandle of Texas but had no idea they occurred In Africa.

I didn't know either Gizmo! I just accept them in Kansas but never even considered they took place in Africa.

Really I kinda just thought they were an American thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg