Help/advise for bow hunting set-up

Hunting from a blind will be good at many times of the day but it depends on the animal you are looking for and their habits. Some animals will only come to water in the heat of the day, others only at dusk. The local guides should know the habits of most of the animals. My experience may not be the same as others, but I often would get to a blind early in the day and it would be slow going until the sun gets up a bit and the animals are moving around a bit more. During the early afternoon and late morning I had a lot of activity and then it was usually pretty slow during the heat of the day when the animals often are bedded down in the shade and then picking back up closer to dusk.

I suppose I could go back and check the time stamp on my photos to see, but that is more work than I want to put in right now, lol.

My mixed days, we would sit in a blind in the morning, then walk and stalk the animals in the afternoon and then head back to the blind in the late afternoon.

Just returned from Bokamoso safari in Botswana... this is a bow-hunting paradise for plains game. I was amazed by the quality of the trophies they have. Here is some pics of the animals I shot with the bow. The eland was shot on walk and stalk and the rest from the hide.

Here is the link of the videos as well:
Day 1:

Day 2/4 & 7 :

Day 3 :

Day 6 :

oryx.jpg

impala.jpg

eland 1.jpg

eland 2.jpg

kudu.jpg

warthog.jpg

wildebeest 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!