AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
AOPA
Hunted
United States, Argentina, Canada, Limpopo
Hi All,

Just getting around to introducing myself. I'm in the middle of moving from the Houston area to New Orleans. I have a trip planned for March 20 to hunt with Limcroma and I appreciate all the information I've found on this site to help me prepare.

Here is a little musical interlude from the magical Andy McKee:

Robert

Giday Rob and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard. Good. luck on your hunt.

Welcome to AH RobBrown505!

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome to AH, looking forward to your report.

Welcome Robert!

Is that 505 suffix referring to a 505 Gibbs?

Welcome to AH

Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome aboard RobBrown505. What did you hunt in Argentina? Did you enjoy your hunt? Have any advice to pass along? Where are you from?

Welcome Robert!

Is that 505 suffix referring to a 505 Gibbs?
Hi ActionBob,

No, with a name like Robert Brown finding a username that hasn't already been taken is sometimes a challenge. The 505 came from living in New Mexico when the area code was 505 before changing to 575. It was just something I could remember!

I checked into a hotel one time and told them my name for the reservation and the clerk just looked at me cockeyed and said, "Yeah, and I bet you're paying cash too, huh?"

Hi Rob, welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard RobBrown505. What did you hunt in Argentina? Did you enjoy your hunt? Have any advice to pass along? Where are you from?
Hi Shootist43,

I hunted red stag in Argentina and, to be honest, it wasn't a great hunting experience. It was during the roar so stag were everywhere and it was great being able to get up close to them and the scenery is spectacular. The outfit, however, had gone downhill from what it once was as I understand it. For example, I rented one of their rifles, a .308, but it was shooting about 8" high and 6" left at 100 yds. I asked to adjust it and they said I didn't need to, the shots will be so close it won't matter. The other hunter in camp took the cap off the turret and there were to guts in there to adjust! So, I did end up getting two animals, and they were close, one being ~ 5 yards walking broadside, but I did pass up a beautiful stag that was facing me at ~75 - 100 yds but I was so worried about where the bullet was going to hit I waited 15 minutes for him to turn, and when he did he immediately went behind cover and that was it.

They also ruined the other guest's euro. They overboiled it so much it couldn't be used by the taxidermist stateside. He ended up replacing it with a fake skull from a taxidermy supply store.

Let's just say that, overall, it was nothing like the video of Craig Boddington's hunt when he went and subsequently endorsed them. I guess my advise is to not but too much faith into celebrity endorsements.

I'm from Texas primarily but have lived all over: Japan twice while in the Navy, Washington state, Florida, New Mexico and now Louisiana just in time for Marti Gras! Although the locals don't think that is a good thing exactly. I was also in the Texas Army National Guard so Army / Navy game day is tough for me as you can imagine.

Let's just say that, overall, it was nothing like the video of Craig Boddington's hunt when he went and subsequently endorsed them. I guess my advise is to not but too much faith into celebrity endorsements.

Sorry your hunt was disappointing.
Point in time measurements should always be taken for what they are worth. That is why fellow hunters current hunting reports are so valuable.

Welcome to AH.

Sorry your hunt was disappointing.
Point in time measurements should always be taken for what they are worth. That is why fellow hunters current hunting reports are so valuable.

Hi Brickburn,

That's what is so great about this forum. I just wish I found it sooner. As for my Argentina hunt, I'm really not too upset about it; I made a lot of good memories and new friends along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross