Hello!

Papabear55

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I've finally gotten around to making an account on here, I've been reading the forums on AH for the last few years. I've gotten a great deal of information and entertainment out of this website. Currently living in fairbanks Alaska, will be leaving for a few years then coming back up. No plans for a trip to Africa at the moment but someday i will make the trip for cape buffalo!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!
Thanks! I noticed you are from NC, I'll actually be heading back to the fayetteville/grays creek area for a few years while the wife goes to college. Spent 4 years at bragg before i came up to alaska

Thanks! I noticed you are from NC, I'll actually be heading back to the fayetteville/grays creek area for a few years while the wife goes to college. Spent 4 years at bragg before i came up to alaska

Yes sir, I'm about 30 miles east of Charlotte. There are a handful of Tarheels on this site!

Ya'll do any group get togethers or anything like that? I wouldn't imagine so but this is the first website/forumn ive really gotten on. What rifle did you take that buff with?

Ya'll do any group get togethers or anything like that? I wouldn't imagine so but this is the first website/forumn ive really gotten on. What rifle did you take that buff with?

Nothing yet, but one or two members have at least pitched the idea. Maybe we can plan something for later in the year at a Friends of NRA event or some event at a Bass Pro or cabelas?

I used a Kimber Talkeetna .375 H&H for the buff

Nothing yet, but one or two members have at least pitched the idea. Maybe we can plan something for later in the year at a Friends of NRA event or some event at a Bass Pro or cabelas?

That'd be awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I won't be a permanent fixture in NC until the beginning of next year, but if I'm around id be down to go

Welcome to the forum, you chose wisely picking this one! Is that a No. 1 you busted your Bruin with in your avatar? What’s she chambered in?
Cheers,
Cody

Y
Welcome to the forum, you chose wisely picking this one! Is that a No. 1 you busted your Bruin with in your avatar? What’s she chambered in?
Cheers,
Cody
Yes it is, she's chanmberes in 458 lott, soon getting an upgrade to 577 nitro 3". It's a bit odd being on this forum after spending so many years just reading

Y

Yes it is, she's chanmberes in 458 lott, soon getting an upgrade to 577 nitro 3". It's a bit odd being on this forum after spending so many years just reading
There is a lot of No. 1 guys around here, including myself. That conversation will be a hoss! Any idea who you are going to have do it?
You will enjoy your time here, damn good people on this site. We have a great get together/dinner at the DSC every year in January.

Whats the dsc? And ive got a guy down in Pennsylvania that may be doing it, im still shopping around and looking at prices. I've had most smiths tell me they wont touch it because of the action work and the majority of the rest are asking quite a bit more than i want to spend at the moment

Whats the dsc? And ive got a guy down in Pennsylvania that may be doing it, im still shopping around and looking at prices. I've had most smiths tell me they wont touch it because of the action work and the majority of the rest are asking quite a bit more than i want to spend at the moment
Dallas Safari Club. Keep us in the loop on your project!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH Papabear55! Glad you decided to join the conversation.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the best site around and not just Africa but everything hunting.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome Papabear55!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg