Hello to all AH members

Reaction score
Hallo to all AH members,

I am Alexander Rogl. Owner of the most experienced hunting safari outfit in Namibia OTJIRUZE SAFARIS. 2016 we will be in our 50th year of conducting hunting safaris. We are three brothers owning the company. We own close to 80 000 game filled acres in Namibia. With three great hunting lodges in three magnificent areas offering over 30 hunt able game species.

We pride ourselves in ethical walk and stalk hunting and true fair chase. We are probably the only hunting outfit in Namibia offering tracking hunts on cheetah. But also have great success rates on leopard on Bait. Our trophy records speak for themselves. With 6 full time Phs we can cater for any hunt.
In addition to Plains game, cheetah and leopard hunts we also offer wingshooting as well as big game in Caprivi in Namibia or in Zimbabwe.

Having grown up in a hunting and PH family, I am hunting since childhood and have 15 years experience as a PH. Mainly in Namibia but also South Africa and Zimbabwe. I am a SCI and NAPHA member. My favorite calibers are 404 Jeffrey for big game hunts and 300 Win for Plains Game.

Am delighted to join the AH community, which I have heard so many good things of. Looking forward to communicate.

For Information go to www.otjiruze.com

Best regards

Alex

Welcome to AH Alex. Hope to see some nice packages and hunt reports from you soon.

Welcome!

Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome Alex! Looking forward to hearing more about your operation.

Welcome Alex!

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences an you sharing some of your knowledge with us.

Regards

Welcome Alex to AH

I met Frank Heger a few years back and we had a great chat about Otjruse Hunting, in Namibia.

Frank had many returning customers, In fact he was booked full up when i was looking to go on short notice in 2011.

Are you part of the family?

Last edited:
Welcome Alex!

Welcome to AH Alex! Looking forward to your contribution and nice to have you with us… It is nice to know that you have heard so many good things about our community!

Welcome to AH, Alex !

welcome to AH ,alex.
walking up a cheetah sounds like a different experience , one id love to do .......

Welcome to AH, Alex!

Welcome to AH sir.

Welcome, hope you post some photos of your area.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH. Look forward to your participation.

All the best.

Another Namibian resident in love with that 404.

Look forward to your participation Alex.

Share some stories and pictures when you get a moment.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the best forum Alex,

Please keep me in mind for the future.

Been to Africa four times, and now I am interested in either a management type elephant hunt or hippo on land for 2016 (approximately September of 2016).

A heavy tusker is simply more than I can afford, especially since I also would like to take a few more plains game if time permits on this safari.

I would like to use my Heym ejector double in .458 Winchester for this (it's very accurate as doubles go), but I also have a .500 Jeffery, a .458 Lott, a .416 Rigby, a .375 H&H (who doesn't?) and a 9.3x62.

All but the Heym are controlled round feed Mauser types.

Some day I will have a .404 Jeffery as well but so far, when I have made offers on a .404, (a couple of times now) the sellers have turned me down and so, I am still looking for the right deal.

Merry Christmas,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.