Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
SA: Eastern Cape, US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Been lurking on here a couple months or so I thought I would introduce myself. Would love to get an African Hunt booked in the next couple years. Has been a dream of mine since a young guy...

Hope to start with a PG hunt (noticed I said “start” – hopefully, more after the 1st!) Not looking for massive trophies, just good animals and/or whatever comes my way.

Work seems to always get in the way but I currently (but infrequently) do a little elk, deer, antelope hunting & varmint shooting. Have moved around the country for work projects so that has afforded me a little time to hunt a bit on the East Coast & West coast and Central parts. Been to Alaska a few times fishing and had a great time as well.

I have found that I enjoy the hunting experience as much or maybe more than the hunting itself: Good people, good times, good whiskey and good cigars.
I have done quite a bit of skeet shooting, enjoy reloading and just shooting in general (pistol & rifle) as time permits.

I would also like to say that after reading this forum (which is a wealth of knowledge by the way!) that it has really got me itching to get there sooner than later. I have already started to compile a gear & packing list from all the valuable info I have perused here. I’m just saving my pennies and waiting to pull the trigger and get the first one scheduled

If anybody is from the N. Idaho or E. WA area let me know. Would be great to meet some local AH members.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, cuddling and intimate conversations….naah, just fooling with y’all!

Thanks for having me on board!

Welcome to AH!! Hopefully you get a little time to fish for those big steelhead up there.

Giday Uncle Sauce and welcome to the forum. Great intro (apart from the walks on the beach bit :sneaky:)

Good humour is always appreciated here.

Welcome to the posting side.

I enjoy long walks on the beach too, but only when it involves surf fishing or clubbing seals(i haven’t clubbed any seals for anyone triggered)

Welcome aboard! I was just inches from buying a place in Hayden Lake area but the deal went sour! Love N. Idaho! Grew up about 50 miles east of the state line off of I-90. Miss it everyday!
Get that hunt rolling, Time waits for no one!
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome to AH!! Hopefully you get a little time to fish for those big steelhead up there.
Thanks Phil - good news is I do have a steelhead tag at least that's taken care of!

Giday Uncle Sauce and welcome to the forum. Great intro (apart from the walks on the beach bit :sneaky:)
Haha! Thanks Von

Good humour is always appreciated here.

Welcome to the posting side.
appreciate that Brickburn - I wasn't sure if I should put that in...you never know how things are received these days!

Thanks CAustin great to be here! Just soaking it all in!

I enjoy long walks on the beach too, but only when it involves surf fishing or clubbing seals(i haven’t clubbed any seals for anyone triggered)

Welcome aboard! I was just inches from buying a place in Hayden Lake area but the deal went sour! Love N. Idaho! Grew up about 50 miles east of the state line off of I-90. Miss it everyday!
Get that hunt rolling, Time waits for no one!
Cheers,
Cody
Oh, too bad the house deal didn't go through. Prices are sky high in the Hayden area now! You must have grown up around Kellogg area, I'm guessing? I hear you on the time - I fear I need to get over there soon since it's been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm not aging well! Thanks for the welcome Cody!

Welcome aboard!

Uncle Sauce, welcome to AH! Best of luck on your Africa adventure! You’re going to love it I’ll bet!

Oh, too bad the house deal didn't go through. Prices are sky high in the Hayden area now! You must have grown up around Kellogg area, I'm guessing? I hear you on the time - I fear I need to get over there soon since it's been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm not aging well! Thanks for the welcome Cody!
Montana/Idaho birder. Grew up near Huson, MT

Welcome! I’ll be down by Salmon next week for some elk hunting.
By joining the forum you just accelerated your time frame for booking a hunt!

@Bullthrower338 I suppose “beach” and “clubbing seals” are terms that originate from the Miami nightclub scene.

Welcome! I’ll be down by Salmon next week for some elk hunting.
By joining the forum you just accelerated your time frame for booking a hunt!

@Bullthrower338 I suppose “beach” and “clubbing seals” are terms that originate from the Miami nightclub scene.
Lol...must be the nightclub scene, indeed
Very nice Tra3, good luck on your hunt. I have an elk hunt & fishing scheduled in that general area (Selway) I think but not until 1st week of Nov. Can’t wait! Yes, your right: reading on here is dangerous!

Welcome @Uncle Sauce great intro, hope your first PG hunt happens sooner than later. Please feel free to contact us should you require any information!!
My personal best

Welcome @Uncle Sauce great intro, hope your first PG hunt happens sooner than later. Please feel free to contact us should you require any information!!
My personal best
much appreciated, you have a great website. I saved your link in my favorites and if I have any questions I’ll definitely reach out to you.

Welcome to AH Uncle Sauce! Nice to have you on the posting side. You're in for a treat going to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg