Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Been lurking on here a couple months or so I thought I would introduce myself. Would love to get an African Hunt booked in the next couple years. Has been a dream of mine since a young guy...

Hope to start with a PG hunt (noticed I said “start” – hopefully, more after the 1st!) Not looking for massive trophies, just good animals and/or whatever comes my way.

Work seems to always get in the way but I currently (but infrequently) do a little elk, deer, antelope hunting & varmint shooting. Have moved around the country for work projects so that has afforded me a little time to hunt a bit on the East Coast & West coast and Central parts. Been to Alaska a few times fishing and had a great time as well.

I have found that I enjoy the hunting experience as much or maybe more than the hunting itself: Good people, good times, good whiskey and good cigars.
I have done quite a bit of skeet shooting, enjoy reloading and just shooting in general (pistol & rifle) as time permits.

I would also like to say that after reading this forum (which is a wealth of knowledge by the way!) that it has really got me itching to get there sooner than later. I have already started to compile a gear & packing list from all the valuable info I have perused here. I’m just saving my pennies and waiting to pull the trigger and get the first one scheduled

If anybody is from the N. Idaho or E. WA area let me know. Would be great to meet some local AH members.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, cuddling and intimate conversations….naah, just fooling with y’all!

Thanks for having me on board!

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to AH!! Hopefully you get a little time to fish for those big steelhead up there.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Giday Uncle Sauce and welcome to the forum. Great intro (apart from the walks on the beach bit :sneaky:)

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Good humour is always appreciated here.

Welcome to the posting side.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
I enjoy long walks on the beach too, but only when it involves surf fishing or clubbing seals(i haven’t clubbed any seals for anyone triggered)

Welcome aboard! I was just inches from buying a place in Hayden Lake area but the deal went sour! Love N. Idaho! Grew up about 50 miles east of the state line off of I-90. Miss it everyday!
Get that hunt rolling, Time waits for no one!
Cheers,
Cody

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Welcome to AH!! Hopefully you get a little time to fish for those big steelhead up there.
Thanks Phil - good news is I do have a steelhead tag at least that's taken care of!

Giday Uncle Sauce and welcome to the forum. Great intro (apart from the walks on the beach bit :sneaky:)
Haha! Thanks Von

Good humour is always appreciated here.

Welcome to the posting side.
appreciate that Brickburn - I wasn't sure if I should put that in...you never know how things are received these days!

Thanks CAustin great to be here! Just soaking it all in!

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
I enjoy long walks on the beach too, but only when it involves surf fishing or clubbing seals(i haven’t clubbed any seals for anyone triggered)

Welcome aboard! I was just inches from buying a place in Hayden Lake area but the deal went sour! Love N. Idaho! Grew up about 50 miles east of the state line off of I-90. Miss it everyday!
Get that hunt rolling, Time waits for no one!
Cheers,
Cody
Oh, too bad the house deal didn't go through. Prices are sky high in the Hayden area now! You must have grown up around Kellogg area, I'm guessing? I hear you on the time - I fear I need to get over there soon since it's been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm not aging well! Thanks for the welcome Cody!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Uncle Sauce, welcome to AH! Best of luck on your Africa adventure! You’re going to love it I’ll bet!

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Oh, too bad the house deal didn't go through. Prices are sky high in the Hayden area now! You must have grown up around Kellogg area, I'm guessing? I hear you on the time - I fear I need to get over there soon since it's been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm not aging well! Thanks for the welcome Cody!
Montana/Idaho birder. Grew up near Huson, MT

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Welcome! I’ll be down by Salmon next week for some elk hunting.
By joining the forum you just accelerated your time frame for booking a hunt!

@Bullthrower338 I suppose “beach” and “clubbing seals” are terms that originate from the Miami nightclub scene.

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Welcome! I’ll be down by Salmon next week for some elk hunting.
By joining the forum you just accelerated your time frame for booking a hunt!

@Bullthrower338 I suppose “beach” and “clubbing seals” are terms that originate from the Miami nightclub scene.
Lol...must be the nightclub scene, indeed
Very nice Tra3, good luck on your hunt. I have an elk hunt & fishing scheduled in that general area (Selway) I think but not until 1st week of Nov. Can’t wait! Yes, your right: reading on here is dangerous!

Bos en Dal SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
bosendal.co.za
Media
Member of
PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
Welcome @Uncle Sauce great intro, hope your first PG hunt happens sooner than later. Please feel free to contact us should you require any information!!
My personal best

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Welcome @Uncle Sauce great intro, hope your first PG hunt happens sooner than later. Please feel free to contact us should you require any information!!
My personal best
much appreciated, you have a great website. I saved your link in my favorites and if I have any questions I’ll definitely reach out to you.

Limcroma Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.limcroma.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristalVe

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.