Hello, i just bought my first 375h&h rifle

CalinRO

AH member
Reaction score
Hello. I just bought my first rifle in the 375h&h, a brno zkk 602 from a gun collector from italy, that was not a hunter.

I was looking for a decent price rifle either a ruger hawkeye 375 ruger or a CRF 375 h&h but in Romania these rifles in these calibers are never sold, not even ammo only 375hh norma oryx here. Here all the rifles(tikka, mauser, winchester, browning..) are sold in 9.3x62 and ammo as well from norma, geco, rws, hornady, winchester, and the reason that i didn't buy the 9.3x62 was that in my country reloading the ammo is forbidden so my dream buying reload ammo 9.3x62 with RL17 at 5300J was only a dream... The 9.3x64 ammo has only the brenneke tog 250gr and rws uni 293gr, to scarce, because i wanted something like norma oryx or nosler accubond...

It will be primarly used in wild boar driven hunt in Romania.
Can you tell me please when was it produced? In 1992?

I am searching for a set of rings and a 1-6x scope for under 1000 usd.
Can you please make some suggestions?

The only reasons i get inlove with these exotic calibers is the africahunting.com, all these years i read every post about 375hh and ruger and the reloading 9.3x62, 375h&h and the ruger. It was a better choice if i would have bought a tikka t3x 22.5" with reloaded 9.3x62 ammo at 5300J for wild boar driven hunt in thick cover and stalking at 200m, an improve in knockdown power vs factory loads at ~4500J..
Thank you
3345742.jpg
3345740.jpg
3345739.jpg
3345737.jpg
3345735.jpg
3345734.jpg
3345729.jpg
IMG_20220310_163128.jpg
IMG_20220310_163139.jpg

Last edited:
My zkk is similar, year of production should be stamped on receiver. Check.

This is newer type rifle, produced in 80-ies, it is without rear folding peep sight, and without crossbolts.
(older type with peep sight was produced till 1976)

Mine was built in 1985 and your serial number is significantly higher then mine, so I suppose this is late 80-ies production or early 90-ies.
Model with hog back stock and fore end tip is LUX.

Your rifle is obviously in excellent collectors condition, this is excellent purchase.
Congrats.

Regarding the reloading: Romania is member state of EU, the firearm legislation in member states comes from EU firearms directive, which does not ban reloading for personal use.
I hope that your national hunting organizations and sport shooting organisation can make effort this to be recognized and reloading allowed as it is legal in most of EU member states.

Wish you good hunting.

In romania reloading ammo is forbbiden since in the early 2000's when most hunters reloaded 12 gauge shells, no one has powder, no gun store sells powder, bullets, primers or brass, it's illegal to posses powder..
We have one of the toughest gun laws in the world, you even make 5 years of jail when you are in hunting area with licence and you shoot a target like tree, bottle etc (only at game, ilegal use of a firearm..) or 3 years of jail if you shoot a air rifle that is registred in your gun licence in other places than a shooting range, and all shooting ranges here are 100m...

Congrats on your rifle purchase. Very nice. I love my CZ 550s which are similar to the Brno zkk 602.

My zkk is similar, year of production should be stamped on receiver. Check.

This is newer type rifle, produced in 80-ies, it is without rear folding peep sight, and without crossbolts.
(older type with peep sight was produced till 1976)

Mine was built in 1985 and your serial number is significantly higher then mine, so I suppose this is late 80-ies production or early 90-ies.
Model with hog back stock and fore end tip is LUX.

Your rifle is obviously in excellent collectors condition, this is excellent purchase.
Congrats.

Regarding the reloading: Romania is member state of EU, the firearm legislation in member states comes from EU firearms directive, which does not ban reloading for personal use.
I hope that your national hunting organizations and sport shooting organisation can make effort this to be recognized and reloading allowed as it is legal in most of EU member states.

Wish you good hunting.
If you look at the 9th photo you would see left the serial no "92" so it means it's a 1992 model

Yes, it was not clear on the picture. On these rifles they put two digit year number, near the proof mark, on the left side of receiver. So, if it is written 92, then it is the year of production.

Congrats on the nice new add!

Nice find!

You might try the Meopta Optika 6 1-6x24 for under 1k. I bought one for $600 for my Model 70 in 416 RM. The glass is clear, bright, & it’s got an illuminated #4 reticle. Only downsides I have found is that the turrets are large and the scope is heavy.

Very nice, congratulations!!

Toby, I was going to mention that, but I didn't want to "rain" on Calin's parade. I agree, this is a very nice rifle. Will a set of NECG Peep sights work well with the Humpback stock?

What about these rings with extension?
Do they allow me to use every scope?
I want to buy a vector continental 1.5-9x42 or a delta hd titanium 1.5-9x45 because 9x is better for 200m+ shots than 6x and the x42mm objective is better in low light than x24mm
Do these scopes withstand this level of recoil?
If they dont fit with this mount i will search the 1-6x24 version..
Screenshot_20220323_184914_com.android.chrome.jpg

As for getting a scope to align with your eye...you may want to look into getting a stock from Bell and Carlson. I'm not sure if the CZ550 and ZKK-602 are interchangeable or not, but it would be worth looking into.
https://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1099

As for rings, go as low as you can without the scope interfering with the bolt knob. Warne make some very nice QD rings to fit this action.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 6.44.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 6.44.23 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
Hello.
Should I add two crossbolts to the 1992 model zkk602 stock not to crack because of the recoil or it does hold to recoil without crossbolts?
Thank you

Great hog rifle. I also use a Rizinni .416 Rigby and mod 70 win .458 win mag because the Caprivi strip is no longer possible. You get a great blood trail to follow in flooded palmetto swamps if you do not get an immediate kill, which is 95% of the time.

I have used a Heym 9:3x74r o/u in the 232 (?) gr as well as the more common 286(?9) gr on several good size hogs to great effect. I have also shot them with .375 h&h and noted no difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg