Hello, I am happy to have joined this forum!

Welcome Jerry, sorry to hear about your season. At least now you have allot of reading material on the site and plenty of time to plan your trip? Good luck and may your dreams become a reality!

Jerycmeach, welcome to the AH forum! WOW Mr Spots on your first Africa adventure! That’s starting out on top where most end up! Good for you!

Welcome to AH. The tourism and safari industry are taking shots with this pandemic, sad to see the impact on your operations. Please feel free to contact us with regard to your planned leopard safari. We have Leopard areas in Tanzania, Namibia and Botswana. Good luck with your planning.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH @Jerycmeach ! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here :)

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Hello Jerycmeach,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Jery. I'm sure some of the outfitter / sponsors of AH can help you with your leopard hunt. Initiate a post stating what you are looking for and a timeframe. The sponsors will come to you. Also use the AH search engine to find reports of previous leopard hunts. Feel free to send a PM to folks that have posted Leopard hunt reports. BTW you've had one hell of a career.

Welcome aboard Jery. I'm sure some of the outfitter / sponsors of AH can help you with your leopard hunt. Initiate a post stating what you are looking for and a timeframe. The sponsors will come to you. Also use the AH search engine to find reports of previous leopard hunts. Feel free to send a PM to folks that have posted Leopard hunt reports. BTW you've had one hell of a career.
Thanks for the advice. Yes I was hopeful I could arrange a leopard hunt for July 2021. So far no one has been able to come up with a tag for this timeframe. We shall see if something comes together. No matter what I am glad I found this forum!

Hello to everyone! I wanted to write a quick note to everyone that contacted me because I was looking for a leopard hunt. My very first hunt to Africa. I have booked a hunt with hounds in Botswana and if all goes as planned Ill be leaving on the 1st of August from Dallas. This experience has been amazing! I have made friends with a few of the members of this forum which have gone out of their way to be helpful! I especially want to thank "MORT"! I don't MORT and have not spoken with him but after finding this forum recently I got online many times a day just to read his daily entries concerning his recent leopard hunt! Man oh Man! Mort took me over the edge from a dreamer of "someday" doing my bucket list hunt to I just have to try and do this now! Thank you Mort!
Like anything in life I suppose this forum is no different.... I was deluged with sales pitches and some just did not pass the sniff test. On the other hand I had powerful, big time, nationally known African hunters go out of their way to reach out and help me! I am so thankful and surprised they cared about me and my dream! These guys didn't have an iron in the fire or anything to gain they just wanted to help! Wow! This forum provided that opportunity and I am forever grateful!

On the other hand I had and still have a little bad taste in my mouth. I did not know what I was doing and still don't as far as using this forum. I admit I did not study the rules and try to understand what a PM message is and so forth. I still have not! I don't care too! What happened was I included "personal information" in my posts. I thought I was replying to the person that reached out to me and them alone! I broke the rules and it was unintentional. I see other people post and use their name and so forth so I still am in the dark on what is aloud and what is not. I apologized and backed off posting all together! Since I did not understand all the rules or how it worked I figured better safe than sorry! I just wont post anymore... That's unfortunate!

I have a charter fishing business in Alaska time 33 years and a hunting lodge in Kansas times 26 years. I cater to hunters and fishermen. I have rules also... Please no soles on my boat that will leave marks on the deck... At my lodge I have signs on all the exterior doors.... Please no boots in the lodge...

But the fact is when I pick you and your family up at the dock in Ketchikan and you have dreamed of big halibut and salmon and eagles and whales and gorgeous scenery my guess is that you will break many of my "rules"! You are "EXCITED, FOCUSED ON YOUR DREAM FISHING TRIP IN ALASKA, AND NOT FAMILIAR POSSIBLY WITH BOATS AND OFFSHORE FISHING NORMS".

When you come to my lodge in Kansas the same thing applies... You are excited... have traveled a long way... or maybe just shot a big whitetail buck and are running into the lodge to get your buddy and have him come out and have a look at your trophy! Yes, you tracked mud in my lodge with your big ole muck boots and walked right past my "no boots in the lodge sign".

How I handle your transgressions when you break my "rules" says more about me than it does you! Remember the saying that people may not remember what you say to them but they will remember how you made them FEEL! For me to be told I had broken the rules and had posts deleted was very disappointing. I was brand new to this forum, so excited, looking for my leopard hunt, and soaking up everything I could read and learn from this site! But I was once bitten and twice shy to participate further after I was called out as a rule breaker.... Oh well!

I just think it could have been handled a little differently! Heck! Maybe I could have been offered a sponsorship option or something so that I could represent my hunting operation on this site! Maybe then "personal information" is o.k. Heck! I still dont know.. I just dont want to risk doing something wrong again...

Just remember If I meet you in my camp in Kansas or on my boat in Alaska I guarantee one of the first things I say to you wont be what you have done wrong...

If I get to actually go on this hunt in a couple of weeks I hope to write a report that is just 10% as riveting as MORT"S leopard hunting trip report was...

Hello to everyone! I wanted to write a quick note to everyone that contacted me because I was looking for a leopard hunt. My very first hunt to Africa. I have booked a hunt with hounds in Botswana and if all goes as planned Ill be leaving on the 1st of August from Dallas. This experience has been amazing! I have made friends with a few of the members of this forum which have gone out of their way to be helpful! I especially want to thank "MORT"! I don't MORT and have not spoken with him but after finding this forum recently I got online many times a day just to read his daily entries concerning his recent leopard hunt! Man oh Man! Mort took me over the edge from a dreamer of "someday" doing my bucket list hunt to I just have to try and do this now! Thank you Mort!
Like anything in life I suppose this forum is no different.... I was deluged with sales pitches and some just did not pass the sniff test. On the other hand I had powerful, big time, nationally known African hunters go out of their way to reach out and help me! I am so thankful and surprised they cared about me and my dream! These guys didn't have an iron in the fire or anything to gain they just wanted to help! Wow! This forum provided that opportunity and I am forever grateful!

On the other hand I had and still have a little bad taste in my mouth. I did not know what I was doing and still don't as far as using this forum. I admit I did not study the rules and try to understand what a PM message is and so forth. I still have not! I don't care too! What happened was I included "personal information" in my posts. I thought I was replying to the person that reached out to me and them alone! I broke the rules and it was unintentional. I see other people post and use their name and so forth so I still am in the dark on what is aloud and what is not. I apologized and backed off posting all together! Since I did not understand all the rules or how it worked I figured better safe than sorry! I just wont post anymore... That's unfortunate!

I have a charter fishing business in Alaska time 33 years and a hunting lodge in Kansas times 26 years. I cater to hunters and fishermen. I have rules also... Please no soles on my boat that will leave marks on the deck... At my lodge I have signs on all the exterior doors.... Please no boots in the lodge...

But the fact is when I pick you and your family up at the dock in Ketchikan and you have dreamed of big halibut and salmon and eagles and whales and gorgeous scenery my guess is that you will break many of my "rules"! You are "EXCITED, FOCUSED ON YOUR DREAM FISHING TRIP IN ALASKA, AND NOT FAMILIAR POSSIBLY WITH BOATS AND OFFSHORE FISHING NORMS".

When you come to my lodge in Kansas the same thing applies... You are excited... have traveled a long way... or maybe just shot a big whitetail buck and are running into the lodge to get your buddy and have him come out and have a look at your trophy! Yes, you tracked mud in my lodge with your big ole muck boots and walked right past my "no boots in the lodge sign".

How I handle your transgressions when you break my "rules" says more about me than it does you! Remember the saying that people may not remember what you say to them but they will remember how you made them FEEL! For me to be told I had broken the rules and had posts deleted was very disappointing. I was brand new to this forum, so excited, looking for my leopard hunt, and soaking up everything I could read and learn from this site! But I was once bitten and twice shy to participate further after I was called out as a rule breaker.... Oh well!

I just think it could have been handled a little differently! Heck! Maybe I could have been offered a sponsorship option or something so that I could represent my hunting operation on this site! Maybe then "personal information" is o.k. Heck! I still dont know.. I just dont want to risk doing something wrong again...

Just remember If I meet you in my camp in Kansas or on my boat in Alaska I guarantee one of the first things I say to you wont be what you have done wrong...

If I get to actually go on this hunt in a couple of weeks I hope to write a report that is just 10% as riveting as MORT"S leopard hunting trip report was...
I don’t speak for the website, but I don’t believe it is their intentions to upset anyone by deleting personal information. It seems like it happens on a daily basis. I have never asked, but I assume the rule is designed to protect us from PETA types who would harass us if given the opportunity. They may have other reasons, I don’t know. You really shouldn’t take it as being disrespected.

All you really need to figure out is the difference between a forum post, which is what this is, and a private message, also called a PM, which is a message you send to another forum member that isn’t visible to the other forum members of the general public. To send or check your PMs use the little envelope icon at the top.

This is one of the better ran Internet forums I’ve been on. Unlike your lodge or your boat, the admins are trying to manage 70,000 members. If someone tracked dirt in your lodge you would sweep it up and remind them of the rule. That is more or less what they did.

If you do decide to stick around I’d love to hear how your hunt goes. Good luck and safe travels.

Turning 60 soon. Passionate outdoorsman and full time hunting and fishing guide my entire lifetime.
Kansas whitetail lodge operation and Southeast Alaska charter fishing company. Third generation from the deep
South... grew up in the swamps and east coast of Florida before it was paved over and ruined! Man what a paradise to grow up in for an outdoorsman. Since then 32 years guiding hunting and fishing in Alaska and 25 years in the Flint Hills of Kansas on 30k private acres doing the whitetail thing....
I always wanted to hunt Africa for a leopard. Never have hunted outside of North America. I am an exhibitor at many of the Outdoor expos and have made friends over the years with African PH's and Safari company owners that now I see are active on this site and even sponsor's! I am so glad to have found this forum and I have enjoyed the stories giving day by day experiences on the hunts, such as the recent posting of the cigar leopard! I am so envious of that experience and the story had me spellbound! Each day I couldnt wait to read the next entry of the hunt! Anyway I am looking for a leopard hunt in the next 6 weeks or so. There are no cruise ships again in Ketchikan Alaska so far this year and so I have no charter fishing business! We are busted again this year with no customers! I am exploring an opportunity to go on my dream leopard hunt. Thanks again for this forum and all the information it provides!
ive been hunting and fishing in alaska since 1980. from the situk river down by yakutat, the peninsula, up to the brooks range. love it up there. ive been to africa once. namibia for PG. i now have two olaces i dream about being all the time. welcome tocthe forum.

Turning 60 soon. Passionate outdoorsman and full time hunting and fishing guide my entire lifetime.
Kansas whitetail lodge operation and Southeast Alaska charter fishing company. Third generation from the deep
South... grew up in the swamps and east coast of Florida before it was paved over and ruined! Man what a paradise to grow up in for an outdoorsman. Since then 32 years guiding hunting and fishing in Alaska and 25 years in the Flint Hills of Kansas on 30k private acres doing the whitetail thing....
I always wanted to hunt Africa for a leopard. Never have hunted outside of North America. I am an exhibitor at many of the Outdoor expos and have made friends over the years with African PH's and Safari company owners that now I see are active on this site and even sponsor's! I am so glad to have found this forum and I have enjoyed the stories giving day by day experiences on the hunts, such as the recent posting of the cigar leopard! I am so envious of that experience and the story had me spellbound! Each day I couldnt wait to read the next entry of the hunt! Anyway I am looking for a leopard hunt in the next 6 weeks or so. There are no cruise ships again in Ketchikan Alaska so far this year and so I have no charter fishing business! We are busted again this year with no customers! I am exploring an opportunity to go on my dream leopard hunt. Thanks again for this forum and all the information it provides!
Welcome to AH sir! I reside in the eastern part of Kansa and am very familiar with the flint hills area
Just got back from Namibia and a successful leopard hunt.

Welcome to AH. Congrats on your upcoming safari! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.