Hello, I am happy to have joined this forum!

Jerycmeach

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Turning 60 soon. Passionate outdoorsman and full time hunting and fishing guide my entire lifetime.
Kansas whitetail lodge operation and Southeast Alaska charter fishing company. Third generation from the deep
South... grew up in the swamps and east coast of Florida before it was paved over and ruined! Man what a paradise to grow up in for an outdoorsman. Since then 32 years guiding hunting and fishing in Alaska and 25 years in the Flint Hills of Kansas on 30k private acres doing the whitetail thing....
I always wanted to hunt Africa for a leopard. Never have hunted outside of North America. I am an exhibitor at many of the Outdoor expos and have made friends over the years with African PH's and Safari company owners that now I see are active on this site and even sponsor's! I am so glad to have found this forum and I have enjoyed the stories giving day by day experiences on the hunts, such as the recent posting of the cigar leopard! I am so envious of that experience and the story had me spellbound! Each day I couldnt wait to read the next entry of the hunt! Anyway I am looking for a leopard hunt in the next 6 weeks or so. There are no cruise ships again in Ketchikan Alaska so far this year and so I have no charter fishing business! We are busted again this year with no customers! I am exploring an opportunity to go on my dream leopard hunt. Thanks again for this forum and all the information it provides!

Welcome to AH! Plenty here to help you get ready for chasing Mr. Spots.

Giday Jery nd welcome to the A H forums

From one Kansan (born and raised) and Alaskan (pretty much my whole adult life, SW - Bristol Bay)... Welcome!!!

Hello and welcome! Hope you get over to Africa in the near future!

From one Kansan (born and raised) and Alaskan (pretty much my whole adult life, SW - Bristol Bay)... Welcome!!!
Great to hear from you... In sedan kansas seasonally for the past 25 years and full time since covid closure stole my livelihood in ketchikan.. charter fishing.... no cruise ships.. In the past I too was in your stomping grounds... float trips and hunting I guided on the Nushagak , Lake Bucharaoff and more.. I sure love Alaska my friend.. and Kansas is a sleeper... wonderful where i am.. .no people.. tons of game... no crime... no restrictive rules or government intervention... private property rights like no where else... but also no work, no economy, and so forth... so bring your livelihood with you! Ha... thanks for saying hello!

I'm from northcentral KS but I know where Sedan is. And the Bush is where most of my moose hunting takes place.

Best of wishes sir, on your upcoming African adventure.

Welcome, this is a fine group of gentlemen sportsmen

Welcome to AH Jerycmeach! Glad you found us. You'll fit right in.:P Cowboy:

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, good luck in planning for a leopard safari.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome Jery. I am now 67 and boy I feel the cold, dont know how you guys weather somewhere like Alaska. I am wedded to my African warmth, but our winters can get to -1 or so too.

Welcome Jery. I am now 67 and boy I feel the cold, dont know how you guys weather somewhere like Alaska. I am wedded to my African warmth, but our winters can get to -1 or so too.
Anything single digit, plus or minus is warm during winter here! ;)

@Jerycmeach
Welcome to the forum, great intro!

I see that you are full of great enthusiasm and it is really great!
Just be aware, that many hunters went to Africa few times to get leopard, before getting their first. It is not guarnteed. Leopards are ilusive and smart.

Other then that, wish you good hunting, and enjoy this site.

Last edited:
Welcome!! I hope you make your dream hunt happen.

I chase Kansas whitetails myself each fall. It’s addictive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg