Hello Hunters!

Adrian Matei

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello Hunters,

My name is Adrian Matei and I'm from Romania.
I'm a hunter from 23 years and hunting is my life.
This year in August I will go to my first Safari and I'm very happy with that
I wish you all a good hunting season with the best trofees
All the best

Best regards

Welcome to AH! Best of luck on your trip!

Welcome to AH Adrian! Where are you heading to in August? Hope you'll share some pictures and stories from your hunting in your country.

Welcome aboard. If you have any questions about anything regarding your upcoming hunt, just ask them. Someone on AH will have the answers you are looking for. What outfitter will you be using? What species of game will you be hunting? What rifle(s) will you be using?

Welcome to AH, Adrian !

Welcome! Where are you hunting and what's on your wish list?

All the best to you.

Dave

Welcome to AH sir! I hope you have a great safari.

Welcome to AH.
Make sure you take pictures and share your hunting report.

spune-ne despre activitățile de vânătoare dvs. în România

Thank you all for your kindness
My outfitter is Legelela Safaris
I meet them on Salzburg/Austria hunting affair.
Ph - Garth Lee which is a very nice guy.
I have a small package of 5 pcs but I will take also some cull hunting.
Springbuck,impala,blesbuck, black wildebeest and warthog
For shore I will take the red hartebeest and blue wildebeest
I'm using a blaser R8 with two barrels in cal. 8x68S and 270 win also with two scopes swarovski 2,5x15x56 and 3x18x50 bought with ballistic toured.
Ammunition Cdp from blaser and from norma swift a frame and orix.
I my country one hunting season for me it's meet: about 15 pcs roe deers, about 60-70 pcs wild boars,2 pcs red stags,2-3 pcs black goats,1 brown bear also plenty bird shooting
I have 2 pointing dogs English setters and 5 dogs for wild boars
Min 2 days of hunting per week
So I hope that I was cover all the questions
Thank you guys for your welcome and help

Hello Hunters,

My name is Adrian Matei and I'm from Romania.
I'm a hunter from 23 years and hunting is my life.
This year in August I will go to my first Safari and I'm very happy with that
I wish you all a good hunting season with the best trofees
All the best

Best regards

Welcome to AH
Enjoy the knowledge and experience

Adrian, from your expanded bio. I can tell that you will fit right in with this group. Posting on AH will be as comfortable as wearing an old pair of slippers. Where will you be hunting i.e. what Country and or Province? For Plains Game (PG) your choice of rifles is right on the money. Are you familiar with shooting sticks? Most PHs will expect/require that you use them. In the Limpopo Province of South Africa where I hunted, most of shots were less than 120 yards. That being said, longer shots may be necessary on occasion.

Best of luck on your first safari!
Philip

Adrian, from your expanded bio. I can tell that you will fit right in with this group. Posting on AH will be as comfortable as wearing an old pair of slippers. Where will you be hunting i.e. what Country and or Province? For Plains Game (PG) your choice of rifles is right on the money. Are you familiar with shooting sticks? Most PHs will expect/require that you use them. In the Limpopo Province of South Africa where I hunted, most of shots were less than 120 yards. That being said, longer shots may be necessary on occasion.
Thank for your info Shootist43
Legelela Safaris is located in the nort-eastern part of the Free State and they conduct hunts all over South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique
They have two zone in administration one of 40.000 hectares and to the mountain area of 100.000 hectares
Mr.Reiner Linde is the PH and Outfitter
Regarding shooting sticks is not a problem. I use Primos tripod stick first and second generation, Harris bipod, etc
Regarding distance of shooting also I don't have problems starting from 10 M ( I shoot 3 brown bears on this distance on driving hunts) up to 550 M (double on 2 black goats)
My problem with Africa is that for first trip I will go on a fance area which I don't like!!
I'm used with thousands of hectares of wilderness where only a few hunters Can hunt something there!!
This way for my next hunting trip in Africa must be in open space/unfenced area to be a good hunt for me.
I hope to understand me exactly of what I was read
All the best
Ps: on instagram I have some pictures with my hunting area

Welcome Adrian! Have a great SA hunt! It sounds like you have already had some great hunts in Romania.

Welcome to AH Adrian!

Welcome Sir and good luck on your "first" Safari, I am sure there will be more. Looking forward to the hunt report.

Adrian, I understood you perfectly. I wouldn't worry too much about hunting fenced areas. Most of the concessions in South Africa are about 5000 hectares. Some are larger. Outfitters generally allow only one hunter per concession so you will not see other hunters except at meal time.

When you get the opportunity, please post some pictures of the animals you have already taken. I would especially like to see photos of the brown bear and red stag.

Reactions: cls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois