Hello from Wisconsin

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the group. Just wanted to start off and say thankyou for allowing me to become a member and hope I can learn from here and gather up info for a future Safari. I'm 50 years old and I have been hunting for over 35 years. My favorite round is the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and elk. My dream is a SA Safari plains game free range hunt.

Welcome to AH

Thank you all for the kind words, this is a great forum. I have read a ton of great information on AH, much of which I could find nowhere else. I am thinking South Africa targeting plains game will be my 1st Safari, with the primary target being a Kudu. I think I will leave my 6.5 Creedmoor home to avoid the stress of traveling with a rifle. I would rather use the gun my PH recommends (even though I think a well placed shot from the 6.5 CM would do the job, better safe than sorry).

Thank you all for the kind words, this is a great forum. I have read a ton of great information on AH, much of which I could find nowhere else. I am thinking South Africa targeting plains game will be my 1st Safari, with the primary target being a Kudu. I think I will leave my 6.5 Creedmoor home to avoid the stress of traveling with a rifle. I would rather use the gun my PH recommends (even though I think a well placed shot from the 6.5 CM would do the job, better safe than sorry).
@MrCreedmoor
Mate have a look at Namibia I think you will be surprised at the prices. Kohmas is reputedly a great out fit along with all others on this site.
I hunted with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel and couldn't fault a thing.
Bob

Namibia is a great place to look at for plains game and is well known for great hunting. If you have any question about Namibia hunting let me know. Would be more than welcome to assist.

Hello sir,

Welcome to the forum. We have some free range areas available in South Africa and Namibia. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

All my best,

Jacques Spamer

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the site MrCreedmore
I have a 260 Rem which is very similar to the 6,5 Creedmore.
It is one of my most accurate rifles (Sako) and works perfectly on smaller antelope like impala, springbuck, blesbuck, warthog, etc. I have used it on black wildebeest and red hartebeest with 140 grain bullets. It might still work on gemsbok and kudu size animals provided you place the shot perfect but I think it will be too light for the bigger plains game animals like blue wildebeest, zebra, eland, etc.
We can help you with free range hunting on very large privately owned ranches in the Kalahari.
E-mail us for the latest price list.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome @MrCreedmoor,

If you keen on hunting the Eastern Cape feel free to contact us for various options!

Happy Hunting,
Craig

Good day MrCreedmoor, welcome to AH. I am sure you will have fun in sourcing your safari, enjoy it.

Welcome to the family and the forum @MrCreedmoor, you are in the right place! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome to AH. If you have any interest in Botswana we can certainly help you out.

Hello and Welcome. Booking a safari in Africa will be one of the greatest adventures you can undertake, one that you will remember for the rest of your life. As I understand it, it seems as if you are from Wisconsin. Considering I am in Wisconsin too, I would take pleasure in walking you through the process. You can get more information on our company at www.bosssafaris.com. Please send me an email (wayne@bosssafaris.com) and we can arrange a time to meet in person. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Hello Sir,

Welcome and it’s great that you are planning your trip on this platform. You will find a heap of information and recommendations. If you are interested in SA, please send me a DM and I will respond accordingly.
We will also be having some great Black Friday specials from next week.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome to AH MrCreedmore! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Welcome @MrCreedmoor. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg