Hello from Wisconsin (the frozen tundra)

capt. backstraps

Reaction score
Member of
NRA Patron Life Member, National Trappers Assc. Life Member, Pheasants Forever Life Member,RMEF Member, WI Trappers Assc.Member, Boone and Crockett club member, Wild Sheep Foundation member.
Hunted
USA,Canada
Glad i came across this site. I am in the beginning stages of getting a hunting trip to Africa started. I have asked Jack Atcheson jr. to look into a possible hunt with Eden Safaris in the caprivi strip of Namibia for Cape Buffalo and plains game. If it works out it would take place in 2011 which will be here before we know it. If I am able to go i have a CZ 550 in 375 cal. with a 2.5 t0 8 loupy. Hope to use the 270 gr. tsx for everything. Have learned a lot from this site already and will continue to read everything i can. Always interested in hearing different viewpoints and perspectives. Thanks, the capt.

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of relevant information here for planning your trip to the Caprivi.

Welcome Capt. Backstrap, I'm a Wisconsin native too. Have the same gun you have to...with the same scope....I have 300 gr. Failsafes and 300 gr. Barnes solids though....The area you are thinking of hunting is pretty nice....great place to buffalo hunt and do a plains game hunt too.

Welcome Capt. Backstrap
Glad you have decided to join us. Your choice of rifle is superb.All the best in your preperations!

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Hello Capt,

Welcome to the site you will defnitely find all the info you nedd right here. You certainly have the right equipment and I have had client use the 270grain TSX and they worked really well on Cape buff. Enjoy the planning and if you need any help feel free to ask.

Best regards,

capt. backstraps ~ Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you're looking for on this site to prepare you for your safari, all the best!

Welcome aboard captain.....You'll love the site.

nd

Welcome to AH, you going to enjoy it here!!!

Hi Capt
Good site and you will enjoy it, it's the second best thing to hunting itself.
Johan

Capt.

Welcome to AH! I'm located in WI as well (Sheboygan County).

- browningbbr

Welcome to AH

I hope you enjoy and learn as much from this wonderfull site and it great people as i have

F.L.A.S.H

A big thank you to everyone that has welcomed me aboard. Jerome, and all who contribute, you do great work. This site is fantastic for planning, preparing and dreaming of that first or the next of many safaris. Thanks again.

Welcome to AH capt. backstraps! And thank you for the kind words.

Welcome Capt. Backstrap to AH sounds like you've got a plan going. Be sure to post a report when you get back as well we'll be looking forward to the pics. Bob

Good to have you join in. Let us know how your trip planning goes and eventually the hunt story. I want to know how those tsx work out of that 270.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!