Hello from Wichita

EricB

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I've been browsing on here reading all the great stories about big game hunting and decided I'd join. I've never been to Africa, but I'd sure like to go one of these days and do a little hunting, maybe a lion or a Cape, but right now it's just a dream. So, I figured that if it'll be a while before I get to do that, I'd get the rifles that I'll need now, and become proficient with them in the time being. Currently, the biggest rifle I have is a Ruger RSM in .458 Lott, wearing a Vortex PST 1-4x24, and I'm looking for a matching rifle in .375 H&H for my son, who's all of 11 months. Hopefully, by the time he's old enough to go, we'll both be able to afford to!

Welcome! stop by sometime when you are in northern Oklahoma. Good luck with the Africa planning

Welcome to the forum. Lwaters Manhattan Kansas

Welcome to AH.

You'll be in Africa before you know it.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH sir! I'm up in Overland Park, KS

your rifle is fine,but how about a hand gun.?it can be done.

Welcome to our site! Good planning on your part about already thinking about that young son going with you! My adult son and I are going for the first time next July. Since you already have one RSM, I understand you want a matching one in .375. I have one in .375 and .416. Don't overlook the M70 Winchester in .375 also, a great rifle. I own one of those also and am taking it next year, not because it's any better than the RSM, but because I have a lot of range time with it and have carried it around the deer woods a couple of times. Either way, you have lots of time to plan and consider....Good luck to you and the next generation of hunters which your young son will be a part!!!

Welcome Eric. You have a plan & soon you'll develop a timetable. Best wishes there. These folks are the ideal people to get you on your way.

Welcome to AH EricB!

Welcome!

you are at the right place.

Welcome to AH, Eric !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH from an old USD259 guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg