Hello from upstate New York

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Troy. Don’t say you’ll never get to hunt Africa. I wanted to go to Africa since I was 15. At 56 I finally got there on what I thought would be my only safari. I’ve since gone back and hope to get back at least three more times.
This link to a thread on this site may give you some tips on how to make your African dream come true.

Hello TroyF,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Have a peep at the Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris web site.
It will give you pleasant dreams.

Meanwhile, Gizmo has an awesome reputation there with his Texas hunting ranch / lodge.
So, a hunt with him would be worth your while.

Last but not least, at the moment I am hunting the Khomas Hochland area, up here in the mountains of Namibia.
Upon my return to the States, I will be posting detailed sections of my hunt report.

I will include many details and photos while trying to not type too many words.
Motor Mouth is one of my many character flaws.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Troy. Never is a long time but not a finality. Most first time African hunters are in their mid to late 50(s). I was 73 on my first hunt, 75 on my second. All you need for now is the dream of hunting Africa. Follow that up with a plan and a timeframe for doing so. You'll be surprised how often a good plan comes together.

:S Welcome: to AH!

I'm a bit late in doing so, but welcoming you to AH nonetheless. What part of upstate NY are you in? I have a brother that lives a bit north of Albany.

I'm a bit late in doing so, but welcoming you to AH nonetheless. What part of upstate NY are you in? I have a brother that lives a bit north of Albany.
Middletown area, about 2 hours south west of Albany. Harder to say I'm upstate anymore but we're were all farms and still are were I live. Thanks or the welcome.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg