Hello from "Timeless Valley" Pennsylvania

W.C. Morton

AH member
Reaction score
Been shooting and collecting mostly British sporting and military arms since 1958,........Oh, and a little hunting here and there too. Also a member of the North-South Skirmish Assoc. (We shoot original and repro Civil War weapons in competition while wearing uniforms of the period. Also collect Colt revolvers and automatic pistols.

Once had quite a collection of British double rifles and bolt actions. Most were stolen. Can't afford them now, but still have a couple.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH W.C. Morton! Have you hunted Africa yet? Looking forward to having you on the site.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH sir!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Welcome sir

W C Morton, welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your loss. Old British Doubles don't grow on trees. What do you hunt currently? Any thoughts or dreams of hunting Africa? When were your guns stolen? Do you have the serial numbers? Posting them might not be a bad idea. Lots of AH members are into doubles, who knows, somebody may bump into one of yours.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

W C Morton, welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your loss. Old British Doubles don't grow on trees. What do you hunt currently? Any thoughts or dreams of hunting Africa? When were your guns stolen? Do you have the serial numbers? Posting them might not be a bad idea. Lots of AH members are into doubles, who knows, somebody may bump into one of yours.

Thanks for your interest. You're right, they don't grow on trees anymore. My favorite was an H&H 8 bore Paradox that I bought at Holland's in London in 1965 for $350.00!! That one wasn't stolen, but hard times dictated its departure. The stolen ones weren't doubles, but rather a .333 Jeffrey Mauser, a .318 Westley Richards Mauser, a .425 W.R. Mauser, etc..........Miss all the doubles and the magazines, but still have a very nice Lee Speed .303 and a rather used but nice Mannlicher Schoenauer 8x56 that was sold in Nairobi by Charles Heyer & Co. around 1920................never read anything about the 8x56 M-H being used in Africa, but mine was. Anyway, the guns were stolen back about 1970 from my home. I did get a muzzle loading Howdaw rifle back, but the other ones are still out there some where. Had dreams of Africa, (who hasn't!) but I'm now retired and rather long in the tooth and still dream of it at times but the reality of it is unlikely now. Still a very active shooter and used to hunt in PA. with my son, deer, doves,........whatever.

Welcome to the family W.C. Morton!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH W.C. Morton! Glad to have you on board.

Been shooting and collecting mostly British sporting and military arms since 1958,........Oh, and a little hunting here and there too. Also a member of the North-South Skirmish Assoc. (We shoot original and repro Civil War weapons in competition while wearing uniforms of the period. Also collect Colt revolvers and automatic pistols.

Once had quite a collection of British double rifles and bolt actions. Most were stolen. Can't afford them now, but still have a couple.
W.C. Nice to have you on AH. I also love Civil War history! Shame about the doubles they were likely very valuable.
Enjoy AH!
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg