Hello from the UK

Wemshie

AH member
Reaction score
Evening team from the UK!

I have been reading this forum for a few months and have developed a yearning to visit Africa, see the beauty of the land and hopefully bring back a trophy or two to decorate my study.

No doubt to the average American hunter, I have very little experience; to a British stalker and wildfowler I have a little more. My experience is primarily wildfowl and rough shooting together with a little stalking with a very experienced neighbour.

I am looking forward to learning more, considering some opportunites and opening my horizons and hopefully booking in the first trip of many!

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey hunt Africa.

Welcome to AH.
What have you been out stalking?

Well, I am fortunate to live in Norfolk, and we have an (apparently) endless supply of muntjac together with some decent red and the occasional Chinese Water Deer. My neighbour has access to some farming land nearby.

Unfortunately, firearms licensing in the UK has been paused with regards to new licenses as they cannot do home visits to check security and vetting. So I am forced to go out with him and not on my own.

Welcome to AH !

Wemshie, welcome to the forum! Caution though because you cannot go to Africa just once. It is highly addictive!

Evening team from the UK!

I have been reading this forum for a few months and have developed a yearning to visit Africa, see the beauty of the land and hopefully bring back a trophy or two to decorate my study.

No doubt to the average American hunter, I have very little experience; to a British stalker and wildfowler I have a little more. My experience is primarily wildfowl and rough shooting together with a little stalking with a very experienced neighbour.

I am looking forward to learning more, considering some opportunites and opening my horizons and hopefully booking in the first trip of many!
Welcome to AH

Giday Wenshie and welcokme to the A H forums

Hello Wemshie,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Hello Wemshie, welcome to AH and welcome to Africa when you come. You are probably all kitted out for the smaller PG, but if you dont have a larger rifle for the larger stuff your outfitter could lend you one. Do you have any ambitions for a buffalo? I live in Zimbabwe, visit the UK quite often, mostly London and Scotland.

Good morning from the UK Somerset contingent.

As mentioned, Africa is addictive and all this damned website does is make you realise how much you need to go.....and then go again......and again.

You'll pick up some really useful stuff on here and help will always be offered. Do be warned though, these Americans can drive you nuts with tales of easy access to all things firearms at a time when I'm fashioning DG projectiles from knapped flint lol.

It's a good site frequented by good, honest and helpful people.

FN

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Wemshie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheritaFow

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you