AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Hi,
I reside in the North West Province of South Africa. We are a family of four who love the great outdoors. My 20 year old twin son and daughter share my passion for hunting. Although my wife does not hunt herself...yet, she adores the lifestyle. I hunt with a 30.06 and my kids use a 6.5 x 55 swede. Most of our hunting is in thick bushveld. Thanks for the add. Look forward to being a part of the community. Happy and safe hunting.
Cheers
Welcome to AH sir.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH, hunted near Tosca many years ago !

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Welcome to AH!
Just returned from the NW! Was not too far from you.

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
SA: Eastern Cape, US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Welcome to AH!

Global Rescue

Sponsor
Since 2012
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site!

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you to ALL for the most hospitable welcome. I appreciate each post.

My apologies for the late reply, since we are living through stressful times, however that will not be table fare for this positive thread.

I will try to summaries my hunting profile to the best of my ability.
I live in a beautiful town, which I often describe to be on the edge of heaven, called Zeerust. We are in the North West Province, approximately 120km to the West of a town called Rustenburg and approximately 60 km South of a town called Mafikeng. Botswana is to our North and the border post to Lobatse in Botswana is approximately 60 km from us and the border post to Gaberone in Botswana is approximately 90 Km away. Nietverdient which is an ecologically favored farming area, with excellent hunting opportunities for magnificent Kudu, is 60 km from us, and we are on route to Namibia.

I am a 51 year old enthusiastic hunter who still has a lot to learn. I was interested in hunting, fishing, the great outdoors and of course guns and shooting since I was a kid. The first opportunity to hunt presented when I was 18, with a very good friend to this day, when I hunted an Impala, with my friends rifle, for which I remain in gratitude to his generosity, forever. I managed to purchase my first rifle in 1990, a Sauer Model 200 chambered in 30 06 at a bargain price from a dealer who was closing shop. This rifle is fed with factory ammo loaded with 180 Gr Swift A Frame.

I am a meat hunter and the largest species I've hunted is Eland. Almost all of my hunting in the past was free range hunting on communal land. This has changed with 70% on communal land and 30% on commercially established game farms.

My last two hunts were the most uneventful, yet the most memorable hunts, as my son hunted his first Kudu Bull a few weeks back, and my daughters hunted her first Kudu Bull last week. I'll get pictures to post.

I wanted a small caliber to introduce my kids to recoil when they were younger and consequently purchased a used .222 Anschutz Model 1532. As they grew older I purchased a Mauser M12 chambered in 6.5xs55mm Swede, which I feed with factory produced Norma Oryx in 156 Gr. I simply love the 6.5 as a caliber and the M12 as a rifle.

Anybody who happens to be in my neck of the woods, is always welcome for a cup of coffee.
Consider me your friend in Zeerust. Happy hunting. Stay safe.

Best,
Josie

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
Hi,

Thank you to ALL for the most hospitable welcome. I appreciate each post.

My apologies for the late reply, since we are living through stressful times, however that will not be table fare for this positive thread.

I will try to summaries my hunting profile to the best of my ability.
I live in a beautiful town, which I often describe to be on the edge of heaven, called Zeerust. We are in the North West Province, approximately 120km to the West of a town called Rustenburg and approximately 60 km South of a town called Mafikeng. Botswana is to our North and the border post to Lobatse in Botswana is approximately 60 km from us and the border post to Gaberone in Botswana is approximately 90 Km away. Nietverdient which is an ecologically favored farming area, with excellent hunting opportunities for magnificent Kudu, is 60 km from us, and we are on route to Namibia.

I am a 51 year old enthusiastic hunter who still has a lot to learn. I was interested in hunting, fishing, the great outdoors and of course guns and shooting since I was a kid. The first opportunity to hunt presented when I was 18, with a very good friend to this day, when I hunted an Impala, with my friends rifle, for which I remain in gratitude to his generosity, forever. I managed to purchase my first rifle in 1990, a Sauer Model 200 chambered in 30 06 at a bargain price from a dealer who was closing shop. This rifle is fed with factory ammo loaded with 180 Gr Swift A Frame.

I am a meat hunter and the largest species I've hunted is Eland. Almost all of my hunting in the past was free range hunting on communal land. This has changed with 70% on communal land and 30% on commercially established game farms.

My last two hunts were the most uneventful, yet the most memorable hunts, as my son hunted his first Kudu Bull a few weeks back, and my daughters hunted her first Kudu Bull last week. I'll get pictures to post.

I wanted a small caliber to introduce my kids to recoil when they were younger and consequently purchased a used .222 Anschutz Model 1532. As they grew older I purchased a Mauser M12 chambered in 6.5xs55mm Swede, which I feed with factory produced Norma Oryx in 156 Gr. I simply love the 6.5 as a caliber and the M12 as a rifle.

Anybody who happens to be in my neck of the woods, is always welcome for a cup of coffee.
Consider me your friend in Zeerust. Happy hunting. Stay safe.

Best,
Josie
I drove through Zeerust a few years ago on my way to hunt the Marico bushveld between Groot-Marico and Zeerust. Beautiful area. Glad to have you aboard.

Reaction score
Glad to be part of what feels like a wonderful community, Thank you. I sincerely hope that you will be return, and that you will pop by to say Hi.

Reaction score
Hi,

These are the pics of our last two uneventful yet very memorable hunts. My kids have accompanied me on 90% of my hunting since they were four years old.

My son hunted his first Impala at the age of 13. He has since hunted numerous Impala, Warthog and some Springbuck. He has also hunted a Blesbuck, a Nyala and a Kudu cow. This is his first Kudu Bull, a young specimen hunted a few weeks ago..
Moe Kudu Bull.jpg

My daughter has always enjoyed our hunting trips, however only developed the desire to hunt herself last year when she hunted an Impala Ram. We were at a game farm for my kids birthday in May this year where she hunted her second Impala Ram. This is her first Kudu hunted two weeks ago.
Zahra Kudu Bull.jpg

cls

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome to AH, good to see you have passed on the hunting gene to your children. Well done.

TROPHY SHIPPERS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.trophyshippers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, HSC, NTA
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Have fun planning! If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH!

shark_za

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Limpopo, KZN, Free State, N-Cape, E-Cape
Welcome, that little 6.5x55 combo stands back for very little.
I like using a 2500fps handload of the same Oryx bullet in my Tikka (Norma MRP powder) and have not had any failures of the ammo performing.

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
welcome welcome welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredSLugo

Latest profile posts

Tom Leoni wrote on Nyati67's profile.
Nyatyi, what's the tube dia. on your S&B?
Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope