Hello from the north of Italy

I have been doing to number crunching myself and I figure for myself and wife its going to be about $15k, but that's 10 days a few day trips to keep the wife happy. The forum has really helped with what I would call hidden costs, and when I say hidden, its those costs that I never thought of
Flight, outfitter costs, day trips, tips, taxidermy, freight for taxidermy, customs costs for taxidermy
Outfitter costs is whatever animals I am planning on going for, gun rental, observer and everything else included in a hunt

Since our flight will be rather long I have the options of upgrading or down grading on seating, while it would be nice to have a bed on the plane, that's an extra cost that could be better spent on a second Kudu (or what I explained to the wife, to help offset the total cost of the trip)

Welcome to the site, as others have said there is more information here to help you, and so far the people are all class and am sure you already have several PM's from outfitters offering their services. Ask questions here, check out the offers posted and do your homework, no one here including the outfitters want you to have a crappy vacation

Ok, for what i am starting to understand it is very difficult for an all inclusive trip (flight, taxidermist and shipping included) to stay under 10000€, that would be 13500USD right now, unless you decid to just take home one trophy and take pictures as memories. Correct me if you think I am wrong please.

Flights:
1057 Euro Flight Rome to Joburg

DAY FEES Range: 255 Euro/Day X 7days = 1780 Euro DAY FEES

TROPHY FEES: You decide

Taxidermy: 1960 Euro (Based on one big rug tanning and 6 Euro mount D&P trophies)

Shipping: 1163 Euro (Based on shipping same to Canada. So, I hope it would be less to Rome.)

Looks like you have 4040 Euro for trophy fees.

Flights:

Taxidermy: 1960 Euro (Based on one big rug tanning and 6 Euro mount D&P trophies)

Shipping: 1163 Euro (Based on shipping same to Canada. So, I hope it would be less to Rome.)

...and THAT is why YOU'RE the Super Moderator. Can't get a better response than that.

Flights:

Thanks sir!

So you confirmed 10000€ is the actual prize to think about for a good first hunt in Africa. Plus 10% in tips? In Europe we are not used to tip but for what I read that is what a hunter is supposed to give as an extra, correct?

It is very possible to do a 5 to 7 day hunt with more then 1 game animal taken to include plane tickets taxidermy and shipping your trophies home it just takes a lot of planning and alot of that will have to do with the type of animals taken and the type of mounts you have done. if you would like some ideas feel free to PM me with any question as I have planned three of these hunts for the wife and I on a budget. Good Luck Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross