Hello From the great State of Texas

Capt. Hog Hunter

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
I am a retired U.S.Army Captain who teaches Engineering Classes At lamar University in Beaumont, Texas. I am an avid Hog Hunter and am looking for a Wart Hog Hunt in Africa. Please advise.....

Welcome to AH.
Warthogs, as long as there is no drought you should have some fun hunting Warthogs.
They are not quite as big an issue as the feral beasts in your neighbourhood.

Bushpig's on the other hand can be in the crop lands.

Depends on the scale of hunting you are looking for.

Good luck. Most operators have some to hunt.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Capt.

Welcome Capt....from a fellow Texan!

welcome and enjoy the site captain.
good hunting chasing them swine

Welcome to AH Capt. Hog Hunter!

Welcom Cap'n!

Good Day Sir,
Welcome to AH. Getting a good warthog will certainly mean hunting the best time of the year to give you the best opportunity at a big pig.
When were you looking at doing a trip? It it 2013 or 2014?

Take Care,

Best Regards.
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the AH family Capt. Hog hunter!!!!!

My best always

I hope to hunt in Africa in 2013..... What time of the year is best for Wart Hogs?

Whenever a bit of drought sets, which also usually coincides with the rut. Anytime from mid April to mid June should give you an excellent opportunity at yielding a nice pig. Not to say that you won't find a big pig outside of these times. Once the vegetation dries, the big pigs are forced to leave the thick bush in search of food and feeds into the open fields, which will give you opportunity to find what you are looking for. When there is lots of food around, and vegetation is green, the pigs have no reason to leave cover.

Hi and welcome.Good advice from Marius,the best time is definitely later in the hunting season when it is dry and the hogs will visit the dams that still have water.Here in the Limpopo province from June through to September.
Enjoy the hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg