Hello from the Florida swamps

Gatorhunter1313

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a southern Floridian. Grew up in the snow and got sick of it so I moved to the palm trees. Now I spend my time hunting and fishing in Florida and Georgia. Most of my hunting is gators and hogs. I’m planning to expand that list to South Africa in about 3 years.

Welcome aboard Gatorhunter1313. Got any pictures of those gators and hogs? What caliber rifle do you use on them? What are you thinking about hunting in Africa?

Giday and welcome gatorhunter to the A H forums where all manner of guns and hunting related addictions are catered for and encouraged

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a southern Floridian. Grew up in the snow and got sick of it so I moved to the palm trees. Now I spend my time hunting and fishing in Florida and Georgia. Most of my hunting is gators and hogs. I’m planning to expand that list to South Africa in about 3 years.

Hello Gatorhunter1313,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Gatorhunter1313. Got any pictures of those gators and hogs? What caliber rifle do you use on them? What are you thinking about hunting in Africa?

I mostly use a 6.8 spc AR for hunting hogs but have also used everything from a .223 to a 458 socom. For gators we use a 44 magnum bang stick since we can’t use firearms on gators in Florida.

054C29CC-A5B5-4C64-8CF5-AF07833B92BE.jpeg
D8753B8B-A5FB-4CB6-BBED-44B175CDCEDE.jpeg
DBA99F34-1DF9-4BC0-B29A-7DCD26257474.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

as for hunting in Africa my top choice is a kudu and an oryx. My buddy that will end up coming with me wants to hunt a water buffalo

Welcome to AH !

Hello and welcome from a neighbor on the other coast...!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Gatorhunter1313!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Hello Gatorhunter1313, and welcome to AH. I used to live in Homestead, FL, and moved to GA with the military and stayed in GA. Where in GA do you hunt???

Gatorhunter1313, welcome to the AH forum! Nice lizards! They’re on my bucket list.
I have spent some time in Florida mainly kayak fishing around Sarasota, but also as far south as Key West. My favorite area though is the Everglades out of Chokoloski. Old Florida.

as for hunting in Africa my top choice is a kudu and an oryx. My buddy that will end up coming with me wants to hunt a water buffalo

Welcome to AH... you will find a lot of info over the next three years. In Africa we have Cape buffalo, it’s a common mistake to get them mixed up with the Water Buffalo...
I think the crocodile Dundee has something to do with that.

Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!