AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, DSC, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia, Botswana, Northern Cape, Alberta, Natal, Zambia
I've been a member for a while, have been reading and trying to learn from the posts.
I'm from Texas, live now just outside of San Antonio. Have two daughters, Katie is 22 and about to graduate from Texas A&M. The youngest, Emily, is about to turn 16 and she is the hunter. She's been hunting with me since she's been out of diapers. Shot her first animal, a small hog, with a rifle when she was 7, shot her first deer the next year, and then her first bow kill last year with a bow. Just a small doe, but she was just as happy as if it were a P&Y buck.
We are taking a trip to Alaska in May for our first black bear hunt, with bows. And we are currently in the process of selecting a PH for a plainsgame hunt in Africa for 2018. We've been focusing our attention on Namibia, but haven't totally ruled out SA or Botswana. Again, a bow only hunt there in Africa.
In our pursuit of gathering information and narrowing down our PH, we will be attending the Dallas Safari Club Convention in Dallas next month. I just signed us up for the dinner that AfricaHunting.com is hosting on Friday there in Dallas and we are looking forward to attending and meeting other forum members.
Take care, God Bless, and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Welcome to AH sir!

Dee S,

Welcome! I will be at the AH dinner at the DSC also. I took my college age daughter to Namibia in 2015 and the eastern cape of SA this year. Had two wonderful PG rifle hunts. Will be glad to tell you about it. I promise I won't mention anything about LSU beating A&M the last six times we've played in football. :whistle:

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum @Dee S. Look forward to seeing you at the dinner.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Thanks everyone,
and Dave,
I appreciate you taking it easy on us. I just wish SOMEBODY would beat Alabama!!!! :E Spiteful:

Looking forward to the Convention and the dinner.

Welcome Dee S. Prepare to be addicted to hunting in Africa!

Last edited:
Have fun arranging your trip to Africa.
Good luck in Alaska.

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome!! :S Welcome:
I went on first PG rifle hunt to South Africa this fall with my 13 year old son and we had a blast.

Have a good time on your black bear trip they are lots of fun to hunt!!

Welcome!

See you at the dinner!

Oh, and it's just Dee......

Yeah, I know, the boy named Sue......my dads name was Lee, I got stuck with Dee.....go figure

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Dee. Don't complain, I actually had a Brother In Law named Doris. He was named for the man who saved his Dad's life in WII.

Welcome Dee. Being able to hunt with your kids is great. Now I'm hunting with my grandkids as well. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Welcome!

Welcome, I live in your general area. DSC has a local chapter: DSC South Texas and so does SCI, - Alamo and Kerrville Chapters (on a side note, I receive nothing from SCI Alamo, but Kerrville and Austin both have me on their e-mail list all based on Zip Code, while Alamo is closer). I will be at DSC on Thusday.

Last edited:
Welcome! A&M worked well for me. Hope your daughter is as lucky as I was.
I am so jealous of you having a kid who likes to hunt! You must have brought her up right! Good job!
If you haven't been to Alaska, it is also highly addictive, but much tougher than most of Africa. Wet and cold. Be prepared...I'd recommend Helly Hansen raingear. JMO.
Have a great trip!

Hi Dee, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you