Hello from Pennsylvania

gkreitzjr

Bronze supporter
Reaction score
Member of
Lifetime member of NRA and Trout Unlimited
I wanted to introduce myself, and let everyone know I have enjoyed reading the hunting adventures you have experienced in Africa and the information shared and learned to make the hunt a positive experience. I now only hunt in Pennsylvania primarily for whitetail deer and waterfowl, but when I was younger, I spent a lot of time pursuing small game as well. Of course, small game seemed to be more abundant during those years as compared to now.

I have always dreamed of hunting the midwestern and western United States for whitetail and mule deer, but I never thought I would be interested in hunting in Africa. However, after reading your adventures, I may need to add an African hunt to my list.

Hunting and fishing have always been a part of who I am, but my passion for both was rewarded last year when my daughter, 15 years old, informed me that she wanted to start hunting both with a bow and a rifle and going along with me trout fishing. I was thrilled. Of course, that also gave me an excuse to shop for her fishing gear, her bow, and to add to my firearms collection, not that I ever really need an excuse for that. We have been deer hunting numerous times with the bow, rifle, and flintlock. So far, without harvesting a deer, but the time spend afield with my daughter and sharing what I have learned and hopefully igniting her passion for hunting has been priceless. Plus, it allows me to instill in my daughter the need to respect the game being hunted and my belief that a successful hunt is not dependent on a kill. Having her along on an African hunt would be a hunting experience of a lifetime or perhaps, the start of a new series of hunting adventures. From what I have read, the first African hunt is only the beginning.

Oddly enough, this is all started with noticing a listing for a used Remington Safari Grade 375 H&H at the local Cabelas and deciding I should add the rifle to my collection. By the time I checked about purchasing the rifle, it had been sold. After some additional research, most from this site, I concluded not being able to purchase that rifle may have been for the better. However, that debate may require another thread. However, my search for a similar rifle continues.

Thank you again for this great wealth of information and the opportunity to be a part of it.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the world of Africa Hunting. Thanks for your introduction. I look forward to hearing of your African adventure! Your new friend, Brian

Welcome aboard!

s-welcome.gif
AND HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET!
e-big-grin.gif

Welcome to AH. Yes you do NEED to add Africa to your list of places to hunt.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. So many great people on this site more than willing to help.
We look forward to your input.

Welcome aboard AH!

gkreitzjr, first welcome to the AH forum, second good for you getting your daughter involved in the outdoors!
Start by learning how to shoot off sticks.

welcome to AH.
HOPE YOU FIND A. FREE FREE FREE RANGING HUNT. THAT IS THE WAY TO GO. NOT JUST TROPHY AND SIZE. MY HUMBLE OPENION.
KRISH

Welcome to the dark side, hang around here long enough and the enablers here will have you booking your first safari sooner than later.

Welcome to AH gkreitzjr! Nice to have you participating.

Welcome to AH!

Thanks for the solid intro and welcome. Be sure and keep an eye on the classifieds here as well. I bet you can fill that .375 H&H hole in short order

Hello gkreitzjr,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross