Hello from Pennsylvania

Raider

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello,
I've really enjoyed reading this site for a while now and thought that I'd stop in and say hello. I'm largely a whitetail hunter, mostly rifle with a Browning 7mm-08 lever action. I recently picked up a Lyman Deerstalker in the 50 cal option to take advantage of the late PA flintlock season. Realistically, I'm a year or two out from booking a trip to Africa. Until then I'll continue to enjoy the hunting reports posted here. You are all excellent at making me constantly change my mind about what I'd like to go after and where I'd like to go for my first trip.
Thanks everyone

Enjoy the lead up to your trip.
Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! Enjoy the planning process for your first safari!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH sir. Planning your safari is half the fun. Enjoy the site.

Your timing is perfect to start planning your first hunt. Don’t dwell on all the many options you see because you will be returning as many times as possible. It’s really much more relaxing just picking a package, take some extra funds and then take what ever extra Africa offers on your trip. From then on, you’ll know how things work and you can be much pickier.

Welcome to the forum.

Don’t dwell on all the many options you see because you will be returning as many times as possible.

What Ridgewalker said is so true.... Most folks are planning their next safari before the first one is concluded. Welcome, and enjoy your research...!

Welcome enjoy the planning of that trip. I am from the other side of Pa in Allentown.

Welcome to AH Raider! Nice of you to say hello and join the conversation.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome, enjoy the journey. Lots of outfitters here that can help you on your way to your first of many safaris in Africa.

Welcome aboard Raider. PA is a tremendous place to hunt Whitetails. I like your choice of rifles as well. Back in the day I hunted PA with a Winchester 94 and shot a Thompson Center Hawken Rifle for the first time. Many years later I was introduced to the 7mm-08 in Mexico. You have lots in common with many of the folks here on AH so "join right in" on the fun. AH is the best site for educating yourself on all of the various options you have open to you for hunting there. Keep on reading for a while then decide what you would like to hunt, then go about researching which outfitter to use and what
rifle(s) to use. The planning is all part of the fun. If at all possible try to talk one of your buddies into going with you. Read, enjoy and post!

Welcome to AH!

Just joined, myself. Looking forward to hearing about preparations for the trip. Being from PA, no reason not to have a remarkable flintlock in the collection!

Best,
Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg