Whiskey1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Virginia, Texas, Wyoming, Maine
I just returned from my first plains game hunt to South Africa with my wife and 14 year old (boy and girl) twins. It was better than I could have ever hoped it to be.

I had lurked here for a year while planning for the trip and joined just to say "thanks" for all that I learned from the knowledgeable members here!

Welcome to the posting side, and look forward to seeing a report - I think most folks on here would consider that a proper thank you :D(y)

Welcome to AH, even a few pics will do ;)

Welcome to AH and I look forward to your hunt report. I was born and raise in Augusta.

Welcome to AH Whiskey1! Always nice to hear that someone had a great time hunting in Africa. Hope you will share your experience with us here.

Hello and welcome!

Hello from a fellow Georgian. Hope you will take a few minutes to share the story.

Welcome to AH - another Georgian here, Where In North GA are you?

I just returned from my first plains game hunt to South Africa with my wife and 14 year old (boy and girl) twins. It was better than I could have ever hoped it to be.

I had lurked here for a year while planning for the trip and joined just to say "thanks" for all that I learned from the knowledgeable members here!

Pay your taxes! :)

Glad you enjoyed your hunt.

Welcome to AH, please share your story of your trip

Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy what this site have to offer.
Take the time to share your images from your safari.
Do you already plan your next safari? Perhaps you want to consider NAMIBIA?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.
IMG_0561.JPG

Here is the photo taken at the end of our safari with PH Hein Oossthuizen. My son and I are on the ground while the wife and daughter are up top with Hein. We took a total of nine trophies while hunting with Africa Motsomi Hunting Adventures near Vaalwater, Limpopo, SA. Cindy, my lovely wife took a zebra. Lily got the warthog on the left and the huge blesbok. Joseph got the big pig in the middle and the biggest of the two impala. The remainder of the trophies belong to me even though Joseph actually shot the smaller warthog earlier in our hunt. (He was willing to gift it to me in exchange for an opportunity to hunt a bigger one. Turns out that worked out pretty well for him!) Lily and Joseph are twins and not quite 15 years old yet by the way. Our experience on this hunt was better that we could have ever hoped. Hein as well as Paul and Belinda Brits, and the staff at Motsomi did an excellent job all the way around. I'm already planning a return. I'm trying to get caught up at work but will try to post a detailed hunt report on the forum in the coming days.

Great hunt and I like the photo! Thanks for sharing

Welcome to AH!

Howdy sir & congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you