Hello from North Carolina!

nchungryhunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Have hunted on the East Coast USA all my life
Hi There all,

Im from North Carolina and just got back from my first trip to Africa with my wife (it was our Honeymoon). Anyways we both have fallen in love with the place and before we were even out of the bush we were planning our next trip back! Next time I go I plan on having a rifle or bow accompanying me for sure.

I have been a Whitetail hunter in North Carolina all my life and have had the chance to do a bit of hog hunting down in Florida the past few years and have been quite enjoying the more active hunt. When we were on safari in South Africa I knew in an instant that I would want to return again and again.

For now I think I will start with a Plains game safari but I would one day like to be able to chase a Cape Buffalo around. That's my goal to work for for the next few years. Have started reading some threads about calibers and what not on here and found some really good information so I figured I better join in.

Cannot wait to here some more stories and great advice!

Welcome to AH. First post some photo's of your honeymoon and then we'll pass on all the advice you need.. :biggrin2:

Welcome to AH nchungryhunter! How lucky you are that your wife is such a good sport to take a huntingmoon in South Africa with you. Nice to hear that you have "fallen in love with the place"...

Ah! yes I can see I have already miss spoken on here. Our trip was strictly wildlife viewing. All the perserves we visited were nonhunting. The only things that had to worry about being killed at my hands were the other drivers on the roads for the first several kilometers I had the rental car for. It was still great though. Im considering it my scouting trip. Next time I will be hunting though for sure!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, great place to plan a hunt!

Welcome to AH nchungryhunter! You've already got a good start if your a whitetail hunter chances are you already have all the rifle your going to need for Plains Game. Enjoy the site and if you have any questions just fire away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,