Hello from New Brunswick Canada

Moose_madness

Reaction score
Hello all!
Amateur hunter from New Brunswick Canada here! I found this forum while starting to do research for my first african safari! Looking to do plains game location, outfitters and dates all TBD (likely mid 2023) so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! So far what i have figured out us
1. I am leaning towards the south africa area
2. I want to hunt plains game various Beest's, kudu, gemsbok ect. And also some wing shooting would be a bonus.
3. I would like an outfitter that could possibly offer the hunting and fishing (or arrange some fishing) as well as some sightseeing in local cities.
4. Has a nice home base as my wife may like to come as more of a relaxing vacay.
5. Can cater to amateur hunters, I have hunted whitetail, bear grouse and moose generally from stands or calling in from large cuts and I am most comfortable shooting inside 300 yards.
one outfitter that seems solid is hunter hill safaris but they do not seem to offer wing shooting or fishing but any reviews on them would be great!
That was along winded introduction but i look forward to talking with some pros! Any advice, recommended forums/threads Canadian travel agents all welcome!
Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Plenty of info on this site, and sponsors that check all of your boxes for your desired hunt. Also, there are many Canadians to ask specific questions to, including our super moderator.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH!

Welcome! Check out the royal mcnab on offer. It sure looks interesting!

What part of NB are you in? I am a UNB Fredericton grad myself. I really miss the grouse and woodcock hunting. It was tremendous when I lived there.

Welcome from a fellow Canuck, you picked a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa. Lots of knowledgeable people here.

Welcome! Check out the royal mcnab on offer. It sure looks interesting!

What part of NB are you in? I am a UNB Fredericton grad myself. I really miss the grouse and woodcock hunting. It was tremendous when I lived there.
I am from victoria county live in the saint john area now. Getting out for birds is always a good time! I am not very good at it but its fun none the less!

Reactions: WAB
I lived on the river in Hampton when I worked at the refinery. Great memories.

Moose_madness welcome to AH. There are a number of outfitter / sponsors on AH that offer hunts meeting your expectations. I'm sure you will be contacted by them in the very near future. In the meantime use the search function to find hunting reports similar to what you are looking for. Trust me, you will enjoy planning the hunt as much as going on it.

Welcome to AH Moose_madness!

Hello Moose_madness,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

We can accommodate your hunting, fishing and sight seeing requests that you described, including the 3 G’s (grouse, geese and guinea fowl). LoL

We are located in Namibia and our 437,000 acre hunting land is not high fenced.

The animals are truly free range.

When you have time, take a look into our web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH !

Giday Moose_madness and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH. Take a tour through the hunting reports and you will get a feel for the type of hunting you are in for and the capacity of the various Outfitters.

Welcome to AH! I have a good buddy from my hometown that lives in Oromocto and all my in-laws are in or around Corner Brooke, Nfld. I've been fortunate enough to hunt Africa twice...first time in Namibia and the second in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. The South Africa outfit I hunted with is a sponsor on this forum and I highly endorse him!

Welcome. This is a great resource for all your Safari planning !

I own some land just outside of St. Stephen. Beautiful province, New Brunswick!

Hello all!
Amateur hunter from New Brunswick Canada here! I found this forum while starting to do research for my first african safari! Looking to do plains game location, outfitters and dates all TBD (likely mid 2023) so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! So far what i have figured out us
1. I am leaning towards the south africa area
2. I want to hunt plains game various Beest's, kudu, gemsbok ect. And also some wing shooting would be a bonus.
3. I would like an outfitter that could possibly offer the hunting and fishing (or arrange some fishing) as well as some sightseeing in local cities.
4. Has a nice home base as my wife may like to come as more of a relaxing vacay.
5. Can cater to amateur hunters, I have hunted whitetail, bear grouse and moose generally from stands or calling in from large cuts and I am most comfortable shooting inside 300 yards.
one outfitter that seems solid is hunter hill safaris but they do not seem to offer wing shooting or fishing but any reviews on them would be great!
That was along winded introduction but i look forward to talking with some pros! Any advice, recommended forums/threads Canadian travel agents all welcome!
Thanks!
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH - Plenty of resources here to find exactly what your looking for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!