Hello from Nebraska

Welcome to AH !

IMG_0465.JPG

Day 3, we were able to stalk a an Impala that were located in dry marsh area. We watched 3 Impala for 15 or 20 minutes before we were able to close the deal.

The rest of that day through day 4 was a struggle to take a Blesbok. I passed on a shot on day 3 that I was lamenting on Day 4.

Day 5, we were able to take a male Zebra after many stalks. The photos of my Zebra does not truly capture their beauty as in the moment. Similar in my mind to when I shot my first wood duck.

Days 6 and 7, we hunted for a bushbuck without success.

On Day 8 we changed our plan and went Gemsbok hunting. We were able catch them in open field while concealed in the bush.
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

I am from TEXAS but live in Nebraska!
I have been lurking for a year or so ago.
I am a lifelong wingshooter and lover of gun dogs that is fortunate to occasionally catch a trout on a fly rod.
My friends convinced me to journey to South Africa in 2017 and it was a wonderful trip!
This website was helpful in planning and influences me to wish for a return trip!
Bigguns
Bigguns
Welcome to this great Forum - and great hunting family...

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Bigguns! Nice to have you on the site.

View attachment 215434

Day 3, we were able to stalk a an Impala that were located in dry marsh area. We watched 3 Impala for 15 or 20 minutes before we were able to close the deal.

The rest of that day through day 4 was a struggle to take a Blesbok. I passed on a shot on day 3 that I was lamenting on Day 4.

Day 5, we were able to take a male Zebra after many stalks. The photos of my Zebra does not truly capture their beauty as in the moment. Similar in my mind to when I shot my first wood duck.

Days 6 and 7, we hunted for a bushbuck without success.

On Day 8 we changed our plan and went Gemsbok hunting. We were able catch them in open field while concealed in the bush.
View attachment 215436View attachment 215437

Very nice bold stripes on your zebra! I like it.(y)

Welcome and congrats on a successful "FIRST" African Safari

Thanks for sharing your hunt and pictures! And welcome to AH!

The Zebra is a beautiful animal that is very challenging!

Welcome to AH Bigguns! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome and thanks for sharing. Some beautiful trophies.

Welcome to AH Bigguns! Hope you have a full hunting report for us to read Lots of Pictures! Enjoy the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShelbyFogg

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross