Hello from Iowa, USA

Widowmaker

Reaction score
Been checking out this forum a lot the last few days, and I really liked what I saw, so I joined.

My two friends and I are planning a trip to Africa in 2014. I know that's a ways off, but we want to do it right. We are also bring our wives along as non-hunters, and they will want very nice accommodations, along with non-hunting activities/excursions that they will enjoy. These are really important to us, we want to keep the wives happy, and I imagine that will limit our options a bit as far as the hunting goes, but so be it.

We are mostly thinking plains game. I have noticed Namibia is a bit less expensive, but South Africa has more non-hunting activities to choose from. I have already done a lot of looking at this site and others for how to prepare for the trip, and looking at what must be hundreds of outfitters. I must say it's a bit overwhelming! I am hoping the info I get from this website helps my friends and I make a well-informed decision so our Africa hunt is the hunt of a lifetime.

welcome to ah

Welcome to AH Widowmaker! Looking forward to your participation and let us know if you need any guidance...

Welcome Widowmaker! If you ever find yourself in Walnut, Iowa please say hello to my relatives!!

Welcome aboard. Lots of great guys here and some outfitter sponsors that should be able to offer some advice or even give some specifics on a location that will meet your needs.

nd

Hi Widowmaker Welcome to AH! The wife and I made our first trip to South Africa in 2010 the wife went along as an Observer 3 days at Huntershill Safars she wanted to sell the farm and move there. I ask her last year if she wanted to go to China on tour or Africa she looked at me like I was stupid and ask if we would be going back to Huntershill and I told her that was the plan she told me that we would go back to Africa so in May we're going back and she'll be packing a gun this time. :D

Welcome to AH.
You think its over whelming now, wait until you start asking questions!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I notice a sense of camaraderie on this site that is severely lacking on other sites. People genuinely want to help each other out, it's a refreshing change.

We still haven't decided rifles or bows, but pretty sure it's going to be plains game. Maybe a fishing excursion for a day? We probably would like to take a day or two to sightsee with the wives as well. So much is up in the air. But I would say our main goal is twofold:

1. The wives must like the accommodations, and enjoy the activites for non-hunters (I can't see them going along as an observer more than one day).

2. We don't need to shoot lots of animals, we would just like to shoot animals of a high quality.

This is probably one of those "once in a lifetime" trips, so we really want to do this the right way.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum, Widowmaker, I m sure you ll find your answers here.

Welcome Widowmaker, you and your wife will love Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!