Hello from India

vipul

Reaction score
Media
Hello my name is Vipul Saini and I am from India, state Punjab. Family profession farming. Our village is near a forest which have a decent amount of wild hog population. We have total 11 acres land and 8 acres we have raised sugarcanes. Hogs food habits includes sugarcanes which attracts them. Currently its summer so in winter when sugarcanes will be fully grown that is our season for hunting hogs. I hunt with my grandfather's double barrel shotgun made in Germany manufactured in the era of world war 1. Our group consists of 15 to 20 members including hunting dogs and out of 15 members 6 are gunmen including me and rest are stalkers and spotters. Now at present in summer I hunt with one or two friends or generally solo and its small game hunting ducks, doves, wild hens, rabbits and pigeons. I have started hunting from last winter and still gaining experience from my group members. Also I joined this website to gain knowledge from worldwide experienced hunters. Thanks for reading my post and looking forward for making new friends and gathering hunting knowledge!

Welcome, i sure wish you guys had hunting opportunities like you did in years gone by. Ive read far too much jim corbett and the romance of hunting india is deep now.

It'd be great to see some photos of your hunting

Hi Vipul,

welcome to this great forum.

Please:
Can you write something about your:

a.)
Shootgun
(Im from Germany)

b.)
The hunting laws in india.
I heard about an "total hunting ban" and later on "it s allowed with special permit" (of course no tigers, pp.).

Thank you.

Welcome! Your hog hunting sound like fun and not too different from hunts in the US, with friends and family.

Hello my name is Vipul Saini and I am from India, state Punjab. Family profession farming. Our village is near a forest which have a decent amount of wild hog population. We have total 11 acres land and 8 acres we have raised sugarcanes. Hogs food habits includes sugarcanes which attracts them. Currently its summer so in winter when sugarcanes will be fully grown that is our season for hunting hogs. I hunt with my grandfather's double barrel shotgun made in Germany manufactured in the era of world war 1. Our group consists of 15 to 20 members including hunting dogs and out of 15 members 6 are gunmen including me and rest are stalkers and spotters. Now at present in summer I hunt with one or two friends or generally solo and its small game hunting ducks, doves, wild hens, rabbits and pigeons. I have started hunting from last winter and still gaining experience from my group members. Also I joined this website to gain knowledge from worldwide experienced hunters. Thanks for reading my post and looking forward for making new friends and gathering hunting knowledge!
Welcome Vipul - let us know when you are ready to explore Africa...

Hi Vipul,
Welcome to this place!

Please tell us about hunting in India?
How it is leaglly regulated now? What are the hunting laws, etc..

India is extremely appealing country, with great hystory and great hunting hystory, but what I understand, there is a hunting ban. Obvously I understoodt wrong. I would like to visit sometime, certainly.

Thanks!

Welcome to AH.
ਅਫਰੀਕਾ ਸ਼ਿਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਤੁਹਾਡਾ ਸੁਆਗਤ ਹੈ

Welcome to AH vipul! Great intro and hope that you'll share some pictures with us from your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum Vipul! Glad to have you! As mentioned by others, it would be nice to see some pictures from your hunts.

Welcome to 'our place' Vipul

Welcome sir!

Welcome!

welcome vipul!

Welcome Vipul! I enjoyed reading your intro and about the hunting in India. Would love to hear more. And pics are always welcome! (y)

Thanks to all for replying.
In response to the hunting laws it is totally ban to hunt in India since the wildlife protection act of 1972. For farmers on special permit it is allowed to hunt wild hogs. Also due to religious views and ethics in our country hunting is stated as taboo generally and all my family members are relatives are against me for hunting. We only hunt animals which are least concerned and never pull trigger on endangered species. To be truthful there is no chance for legalization of hunting in India in future. To hunt in India it takes some political links and for me it is not enjoyable as we are continuously in trouble with law and family. But on other part it is good that hunting is banned because people here are not that matured and they would destroy the wildlife if legalized. Because of some people whole nation is suffering.
I am planning to make an career in professional hunting and looking forward to shift to Africa and live with my hobby.
Any guidance related professional hunting courses will be helpful!

Hi Vipul,

welcome to this great forum.

Please:
Can you write something about your:

a.)
Shootgun
(Im from Germany)

b.)
The hunting laws in india.
I heard about an "total hunting ban" and later on "it s allowed with special permit" (of course no tigers, pp.).

Thank you.
Full choke barrel length 32 inches, nitro proof, S×S and smooth bore!
IMG-20180104-WA0000.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg