Hello from Idaho-new member just introducing myself and looking for information on Kowas Safaris

Rod,
I had the pleasure of hunting with Jacques Strauss of Kowas Hunting Safaris in 2016.
He was the junior of two Professional Hunters on my safari and was there to assist on what became a successful hunt for a big tom leopard that had managed to survive two previous safaris that had sought this cat. Don’t let his youth fool you . . . Jacques is an absolute leopard MASTER. Beside a few warthogs for bait, I did not pursue any other species with Jacques, so I can’t speak with first hand experience to his expertise on those. BUT, since he grew up in the Camelthorn bush of the central part of the country, I’d fully expect him to be VERY GOOD at his craft on all the classic Namibian species, gemsbok, kudu, springbok, eland, zebra, etc., etc. as well as the big stuff. I’m guessing he probably shot his first kudu at about the age most of us were learning to ride a bicycle. He also happens to be great company, so one word of caution . . . if you hunt with him, you WILL want to do it again. And needless to say, staff, vehicles, equipment . . all excellent. I can recommend him without hesitation. I’d be happy to discuss more . . . pm me and we can talk by phone.

Here's a photo of Jacques holding the cat.View attachment 340200
Anbessa
That is one hello of a cat, well done

Rod.............welcome to AH. When work forced me to move to Idaho, I thought....OMG I'm now a Spud. No more Big Sky Country....no more great hunting and beautiful outdoors.....................Well, I was wrong. Ya, I am now a Spud........a Famous Potato (add e if you're a Dan Q fan), but I would not move! A great place to live with some great folks. Have fun at Kowas Safaris....and a report is mandatory!.....................FWB

Welcome to the family and the forum Rod! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Whenever your ready we would be happy to help you with your planning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH and the posting side Rod! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome to AH Rod. Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Please keep us in mind for your taxidermy needs.

Welcome to AH Rod! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg