Hello from Florida!

Justin.

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United Kingdom
Hello everyone! I’m a fairly inexperienced hunter, having only hunted small game and the Soay ram in my profile picture, but planning my DG + Plains Game hunt as a celebration of paying the house off and excited to gain some much needed guidance from all of the experienced hunters in here! Will need it especially as I navigate the treacherous waters of deciding on the details of my custom rifle build as my safari will be a single gun affair! Excited to be a part of the forum after quite a bit of lurking and looking forward to interacting with all of you! And a belated thank you to those of you who got me pointed towards a well known Texas Taxidermist on the forum who I’ve reached out too about getting my Soay Ram looking as nice as the rest of the work he’s done!

Welcome to AH Justin.! Congratulations on paying off your house and looking forward to having you on the site. Enjoy the planing process. Cheers, Jerome

Welcome aboard!

:S Welcome: to AH!

Hello Justin,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome !

Giday Justin and welcome to the A H forums

Good day Justin
Welcome to the AH family. You’re definitely on the perfect site if you’re serious about hunting. Great outfitters on AH all round.
Lalamanzi greetings
Abri

Welcome! Happy hunting on the forum. Lots of excellent outfitters here and seasoned hunters as well.

Welcome.

Welcome to AH.com Justin
Lots of info on this site.
Feel free to ask questions.
Do not be fixated on a one gun for all purposes.
First of all it is a difficult choice because you might hunt different species at varying distances.
Small, medium, large plains game, dangerous game, long shots in the desert or short distance shots in thick forest, light fast bullets or heavy slow bullets, etc. There is so many things that will affect your choice.
Secondly with the airlines these days it is so difficult to travel with firearms sometimes (especially travelling through London).
There are many outfitters that will let you use one of their rifles (for a small fee).
That way you save the expenses of buying your own rifle plus you do not have all the hassles to travel with it.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome to AH! You have come to the right place for information and people willing to share experiences!

Welcome aboard Justin. What caliber rifle(s) are you thinking about purchasing for your hunt? While the 375 H&H is a very popular and deserving consideration let me suggest you look into a 404 Jeffery.

Last edited:
Justin., welcome to the AH forum! Lots of info here to help you get to Africa on that dream hunt.
JMO&E, but the 375 H&H is an outstanding universal caliber. That has been my choice and have taken game from tiny duiker to Cape buffalo. The bullet is the key IMO.
Best of luck in finding what works best for you!

Hi welcome aboard...enjoy having your rifle built, and using it ...far more satisfying as far as I am concerned using your own rifle on a hunt

Not to derail but I wish uninformed people would get over the myth that travelling through Heathrow with firearms is difficult...

Secondly with the airlines these days it is so difficult to travel with firearms sometimes (especially travelling through London).

Last edited:
Welcome to AH.com Justin
Lots of info on this site.
Feel free to ask questions.
Do not be fixated on a one gun for all purposes.
First of all it is a difficult choice because you might hunt different species at varying distances.
Small, medium, large plains game, dangerous game, long shots in the desert or short distance shots in thick forest, light fast bullets or heavy slow bullets, etc. There is so many things that will affect your choice.
There are many outfitters that will let you use one of their rifles (for a small fee).
That way you save the expenses of buying your own rifle plus you do not have all the hassles to travel with it.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
I could certainly be convinced to do two customs if you twist my arm LOL! I was intending on doing a .375 H&H based on discussions I saw in here, but what two rifles would you recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg