Hello from England!

WilliamM

Reaction score
Member of
British Association for Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
United Kingdom
Hello AH community, I'm Will 21 years old from England! I'm currently looking into an African hunt before I get tied down into a relationship and have my money drained!
I currently shoot practical shotgun and 25m and 50m pistol and I'm looking to increase my license variations but the UK's laws are pretty strict but it's doable!

I'm very interested in going to SA on a purely Sable hunt with the hope of a beautiful trophy to taxidermy and bring back! After doing my research I've joined up to AH to look for sponsors and companies with a good reputation!
My only worry at the moment is the fact the UK government in all their wisdom is running a consultation on banning trophy imports but I'm hoping they keep it to only endangered species to allow UK hunters to still be able to participate in hunting.

I've looked at multiple companies but JKO safari's has stuck out a bit to me. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to look into them! First time African hunter looking for a Sable hunt.

Thanks for reading and have a good week guys!

Giday William and welcome to the A H forums.

WilliamM, welcome to the AH forum! You’ve found a great site to get information on your adventure!

Welcome aboard WilliamM. I shoot a pistol discipline called Bullseye. Outdoors it is 25 Yds and 50 Yds. The 50 Yd. target is slow Fire The 25 Yd. Targets are sustained fire. All shooting is done single handed. Is that similar to what you do? BTW we use a 22LR and a centerfire pistol which can be a 45 ACP.

I hope you can fulfill your dreams of taking a Sable. They are a beautiful animal, we have one at the Taxidermist's shop that will be mounted on a pedestal.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard WilliamM. I shoot a pistol discipline called Bullseye. Outdoors it is 25 Yds and 50 Yds. The 50 Yd. target is slow Fire The 25 Yd. Targets are sustained fire. All shooting is done single handed. Is that similar to what you do? BTW we use a 22LR and a centerfire pistol which can be a 45 ACP.

I hope you can fulfill your dreams of taking a Sable. They are a beautiful animal, we have one at the Taxidermist's shop that will be mounted on a pedestal.

Hello! Yes I shoot .22LR and our pistols are a stupid overall length with a stock and extended barrel but still fun to have in a country where city folk are so anti-gun and shooting in general even in pest control it's crazy! I'm more of a range shooter but on my range people do compete in target pistol single handed arm straight. I'm looking to change my license to add a rifle at some point maybe but the straight pull single fire law we have puts me off for carbine types! I'm just lucky to be able to have a 12 guage and my 1911 .22LR at the moment!

Welcome to AH WilliamM!

Hello AH community, I'm Will 21 years old from England! I'm currently looking into an African hunt before I get tied down into a relationship and have my money drained!
I currently shoot practical shotgun and 25m and 50m pistol and I'm looking to increase my license variations but the UK's laws are pretty strict but it's doable!

I'm very interested in going to SA on a purely Sable hunt with the hope of a beautiful trophy to taxidermy and bring back! After doing my research I've joined up to AH to look for sponsors and companies with a good reputation!
My only worry at the moment is the fact the UK government in all their wisdom is running a consultation on banning trophy imports but I'm hoping they keep it to only endangered species to allow UK hunters to still be able to participate in hunting.

I've looked at multiple companies but JKO safari's has stuck out a bit to me. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to look into them! First time African hunter looking for a Sable hunt.

Thanks for reading and have a good week guys!

Welcome to AH William! If you have any questions regarding hunting with @JKO Hunting Safaris, please let me know.

Welcome to AH, plenty of outfitter’s on AH offer great sable hunts!

Hi William, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Welcome! We have some superb sable and you can easily combine it with some shotgun shooting over trained GSP's.

William, welcome and good luck finding your "guy"
I will also be happy to chat to you and work out a affordable deal for you. My website is www.spearsafaris.com. my email is info@spearsafaris.com. Please feel free to contact me, I will talk to you in person and do the guiding as well.
DSCN8322.jpg

Welcome to AH WilliamM!

Hi William, if you are interested to take your trophy back to UK: my advice is act fast! BJ did not sound too much pro-hunting last week at House of Lords! Here are the Sables our clients hunted in 2019, I will happily put you in touch with at least 20 x different UK Hunters that have all hunted with myself and my brother a minimum of 3 up to 18 Safaris the past 20 years! You will have a choice of hunting concessions ranging from minimum 5000 acres up to almost 40 000 acres (with no internal fencing). Look forward to hear from you. Oh and good luck sifting through the dozens of offers coming your way. For 2020 we have already spotted Bulls up to 48+" roaming on some of our concessions
2019 Sable collage.jpg

Welcome to the site. Good luck and enjoy the planning.

Hello WilliamM,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You are in luck, sable prices seem to have been coming down a bit.

Many Safari Companies (including Khomas) offer sable hunting.

That said, if you decide to do as I have always done and save a pile of pennies, you could choose to hunt the “poor man’s sable” which is the gemsbok, AKA oryx, lol.

Better yet, do as many hunters and go for both.

Well anyway, no matter who you choose to hunt with, you have joined the best place to look about for not only the best Safari Company to fit your expectations but also the best place to stay in touch with fellow hunters, world wide.

Cheers,
Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg