Hello from East Iowa

Leelanau Man

AH member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been reading the forum for a few years now and I decided it was finally time to jump in now that I have a South Africa plains game hunt in the works. I work in the firearms industry and am very passionate about hunting and sporting arms. I look forward to learning a lot more from everyone on here as I start my journey.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome and good hunting.

Welcome to AH Leelanau Man!

Welcome aboard!

Leelanau Man, welcome to the best firearm, hunting, and related subjects' site on the internet. Do you have any ties to Michigan? What kind of work do you do in the firearms industry? Do you already have a destination and outfitter in mind? What animals will you be hunting? will you be using your own rifles or renting them from your outfitter?

Giday Leelanau Man and welcome to the A H forums

Leelanau Man, welcome to the best firearm, hunting, and related subjects' site on the internet. Do you have any ties to Michigan? What kind of work do you do in the firearms industry? Do you already have a destination and outfitter in mind? What animals will you be hunting? will you be using your own rifles or renting them from your outfitter?
Thanks! (and thank you everyone else) for being so inviting. I was hoping to run into some folks that might recognize Leelanau on here lol. Yes I am a transplant here in Iowa originally from Empire, MI right on the shores of Lake Michigan. I work for the Rock Island Auction Company as on of the writers and do most of my work on high end (Holland & Holland, Rigby, Krieghoff, etc.) sporting rifles and shotguns. I am planning on a trip to SA next year with a friend through Kuche Safaris as they had a very enticing deal on a plains game safari that was hard to pass up. I plan to use my own rifle as I have a good few that will work nicely, and will likely buy more before I go as I am a bit of a hoarder.

Leelanau Man, you may already know or know of some of our members. There are more than a few with those "high end" rifles in their gunrooms and or safes. To be sure there are also a lot of low-end gun owners like me, that share your thrill of the hunt. BTW I'm from Southeastern Michigan.

There is a good chance I have crossed paths with a few, but I am mostly back of the house and don't do a lot client side very often. I would love to one day be able to own some of the things I work on, it is torture working on the unattainable lol. And I know SE Michigan a bit, I met my wife when she was living in the Farmington/Novi area.

Hello all, I have been reading the forum for a few years now and I decided it was finally time to jump in now that I have a South Africa plains game hunt in the works. I work in the firearms industry and am very passionate about hunting and sporting arms. I look forward to learning a lot more from everyone on here as I start my journey.

Hello Leelanau,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard!

Leelanau Man, welcome to the AH forum! You won’t regret going to Africa. Lots of info on here to help make it a grand adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.