Hello from belgium and question on a Browning 375 HH magnum

Filip

Reaction score
Media
Morning all,

I inherited a rifle from my father that I cannot use in Belgium..
It is a Browning 375 HH magnum. I guess het never fired it because I didn’t really know of it presence in his collection. Can anbody give me an idea of its market value please

Best regards

02927362-14A4-4946-AE87-86B0E947661D.jpeg
A94DE5E3-C2B3-4C3E-A8B9-8B963A22EC84.jpeg
DD6E113C-7949-4249-A265-3570A87ADDE2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like an under and over double rifle. IE two barrells one above the other.

Made in Belgium is good.

If you can bring it to the notice of the right people, it will sell very readily. Unfortunately, it may be difficult to find the right people in Belgium.

Also unfortunately, I can't give you an idea of value.

Giday Fillip and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH! Someone will be able to give you an estimate I'm sure

Fiilip, could you please provide some more photos of the rifle?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.29.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.29.02 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.29.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.29.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Filip, welcome to the AH forum! Best of luck finding the info on that fine O/U Browning!
Personally I think you should take it to Africa and use it yourself. That must have been your dad’s dream to use it in Africa.

Thank you or the replies , highly appreciated. The gun is at my brother’s place for the moment and because of the lockdown I can only get there next week Monday, May 11.
Will definitely post some more pictures then.
Keep safe

Welcome to AH Filip!

Hi Filip, welcome to AH

Your gun looks like a Browning CCS25, we see a few of these in Spain, in 9,3x74R

It was manufactured in different grades, and the value will depend on that.

Hi Filip, welcome to AH

Your gun looks like a Browning CCS25, we see a few of these in Spain, in 9,3x74R

It was manufactured in different grades, and the value will depend on that.
Thks Nyati. As posted earlier, will send some extra pictures later this week

Welcome to AH!

Welkom Filip, from your neighbour up North. May I ask why you cannot use the rifle?

Thks. I can use it if I want but the caliber is to heavy for the species we hunt in Belgium

Hello Filip,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul.

These rifles are built on the Browning Superposed action. I had one in a smaller caliber that I should never have let go. The 9.3x74R is relatively common as rare rifles go, and the .375 far less so. The value is a tough one. As noted above, you can find them listed for as much as 20K USD or more. However, I question how many actually sell at that price. The listing at 6500 USD is closer to what I would expect. I would start at 8500 USD or so and be willing to negotiate. They are fine rifles, and if you have ever thought about hunting Africa, it would be a very capable companion for the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross