Hello from a PA Whitetail hunter living in Slovakia

John C

Reaction score
Greetings from Slovakia where I am working on an expat assignment for my company. I truly appreciate the great posts on this site , especially the first hand African hunting reports. As many others who join the site I hope to make my first trip to Africa in the next few years. I grew up in Pennsylvania hunting whitetail deer but I always dreamed of going on a safari. The stories on your site are fueling the dream and removing any apprehension . Last fall I was able to bag my first stag here in SK and now a Kudu seems like a good next step. Keep posting those hunting reports.

Welcome to AH John! Nice to have you on the site. Did you already chose an African country? How are you liking Slovakia?

I am set on a plains game hunt, most likely in SA. One great thing about your site is it opening my eyes to all of the different possibilities. I actually am enjoying Slovakia quite a bit. Great opportunity for my family and me. The hunting here is actually much better than I imagined. I am enjoying learning the European hunting culture and traditions which are very different from hunting in Pennsylvania.

Thank you for the PA welcome. Born and raised in Pittsburgh.

Howdy!!!

Welcome to AH, John C!

Don't discount Namibia it's a hunting paradise too!

Welcome to the forum John!

I did plenty of PA whitetail hunting as a teenager. Hunting in Africa is so different - the weather, terrain, shot distances and abundance of game. Be warned - after taking an African safari, you may lose some interest in hunting those thick PA woods!

Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)

Welcome to AH John! Sounds like a great job and getting some hunting in to awesome! Be sure to post lots of Pics of the animals you take we love pics.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH John C. South Africa is not that far from you right now! Just save your coins for the airfare. Would be more than willing to answer questions if you have them.

Welcome to AH John, I'd like to hear your stag story.

Don't forget about the Eastern Cape, truly South Africa's Adventure Province. Welcome to the forum John, nice to have you with us. Take care.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg