Hello fellow hunters!

Welcome to AH!

My name is Tom Ehrhart. I'm originally from SE Pennsylvania but have spent the last 25 years all over the US as a US Army Infantry officer. I'm currently stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. I started hunting again last when my schedule became a little more predictable and realized just how much I have missed. I am primarily a deer hunter but have taken up waterfowl as well as turkey hunting. I love all things firearms, so I have a good bit of experience in short, mid and long range shooting to include competitive pistol, skeet/trap, and 3-gun. My interest in African hunting was sparked when I was an Aide for a 3 star general who had returned from a safari the year before and had all these plains game trophies on the wall. I am coming up on retirement (1May22) and I've been thinking that now might be the time go plains game hunting in Africa. I am here to learn from the vast pool of experience before determining the way ahead. My current hunting rifles are a Sako 85 in 30-06 and Winchester super grade in .338 win mag. As part of my gift to myself for retiring, I'm thinking of getting a Blaser R8 in 300 win mag and .375 H&H with some Swarovski glass. I look forward to interacting with the group. Thanks for having me! Tom
Welcome Sir, may retirement treat you well! You know, plains game gets you going but there's a couple of things you could do with that .375.... Anyway best of luck planning your hunt!!

Hello Tom @tpe187 !

Welcome to the best source of African hunting information on the internet!

Welcome to AH Tom

Welcome to the forum. I got the same sako rifle! I am also in various types of competitive shooting, long range, bullseye pistol, idpa, ipsc.
Looking fwd to your participation on this forum!

Welcome to AH @tpe187 ! Great choice for a retirement gift to yourself! The R8 is well liked in this forum :D (by some) :E Rofl:

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH Tom, and yes, that would be a great retirement gift !

Tom welcome and good luck in your quest.
Id love to chat more in private re your interests in Africa, my email is info@spearsafaris.com
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tom / tpe187,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul / Velo Dog.

My name is Tom Ehrhart. I'm originally from SE Pennsylvania but have spent the last 25 years all over the US as a US Army Infantry officer. I'm currently stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. I started hunting again last when my schedule became a little more predictable and realized just how much I have missed. I am primarily a deer hunter but have taken up waterfowl as well as turkey hunting. I love all things firearms, so I have a good bit of experience in short, mid and long range shooting to include competitive pistol, skeet/trap, and 3-gun. My interest in African hunting was sparked when I was an Aide for a 3 star general who had returned from a safari the year before and had all these plains game trophies on the wall. I am coming up on retirement (1May22) and I've been thinking that now might be the time go plains game hunting in Africa. I am here to learn from the vast pool of experience before determining the way ahead. My current hunting rifles are a Sako 85 in 30-06 and Winchester super grade in .338 win mag. As part of my gift to myself for retiring, I'm thinking of getting a Blaser R8 in 300 win mag and .375 H&H with some Swarovski glass. I look forward to interacting with the group. Thanks for having me! Tom
@tpe187
Welcome aboard mate either of your 2 rifles is more than adequate for plains game.
I hope @BeeMaa doesnt find this post as he is the R8 fan. If he gets hold of your ear he is like a pig dog he won't let it go when it comes to his beloved R8.
Bob

@tpe187
Welcome aboard mate either of your 2 rifles is more than adequate for plains game.
I hope @BeeMaa doesnt find this post as he is the R8 fan. If he gets hold of your ear he is like a pig dog he won't let it go when it comes to his beloved R8.
Bob
Bob I highly doubt that you are one to talk seeing as you are responsible for quite a few "Upgrades" and "self gifts" here on AH

Bob I highly doubt that you are one to talk seeing as you are responsible for quite a few "Upgrades" and "self gifts" here on AH
@Elton
Who me a sweet old man who butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. I don't influence people I just get them to look at things with an open mind and a different perspective. What they do is their decision. I can't help it If'n I like the Whelen.
Bob

@tpe187 - Welcome to AH. As mentioned by @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, I'm a R8 fan. My wife and I each own one in 375H&H but are very different. We live in Northern VA and would be happy to meet up if you want. Then we can start your journey down the Blaser R8 path to the Dark Side. ;)

@tpe187 - Welcome to AH. As mentioned by @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, I'm a R8 fan. My wife and I each own one in 375H&H but are very different. We live in Northern VA and would be happy to meet up if you want. Then we can start your journey down the Blaser R8 path to the Dark Side. ;)
@BeeMaa
I did tell him to be careful. I sincerely hope you do get to meet up over a coffee, Tom sounds like a nice bloke. Just don't take him to far into R8 territory or he may actually get one instead of a Whelen.
Bob

Welcome!!! This is certainly the place to learn about Afrcan hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!