Hello everyone, Thank you for sharing your stories and adventures

Legolas

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. As I was growing up, I enjoyed stories of African hunting right along with the stories of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. I appreciate reading the accounts of your modern day hunting adventures, lessons learned, and opinions discussed back-and-forth.

I reload for several of the usual American calibers up to .300 Winchester, as well as 6.5 Swedish, .303 British and 8 mm Mauser.
I have been thinking for several years that I would like to have a .375 or maybe .416, just for fun, but I am not looking for rotator cuff problems. So it is with great interest that I read your comments about how you perceive recoil, learn to manage recoil, what calibers you can tolerate, and how a properly designed stock mitigates recoil, (English style, Bavarian or American?).

Good luck with you hunting, and thank you for sharing.

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH.

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. As I was growing up, I enjoyed stories of African hunting right along with the stories of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. I appreciate reading the accounts of your modern day hunting adventures, lessons learned, and opinions discussed back-and-forth....
Good luck with you hunting, and thank you for sharing.
Legolas
Welcome to this great Forum and hunting family.
Check out our packages to make it possible to visit Africa, Namibia, on a discounted rate (show special).

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Legolas! Your 300 WM should handle any of the Africa plains game. As far as 375 vs 416, someone said if your plan is for plains game and adding in a buff, then pick the 375. But if your plan is for buff with a possible plains game added, then pick the 416. I think who ever said that was right.
In September 2017 I took from buffalo down to duiker and the 375 worked excellent using the proper bullet on each.
Thanks for joining in to the forum. Looking forward to your input.

Welcome to AH Legolas! Lots to discover here, enjoy!

Welcome to AH.

Legolas, welcome to AH. One thing for sure we will do our best to push you over the top when it comes to reasons for having, owning and or shooting a larger and larger caliber rifle. We are almost merciless in fact. I thought I was more than amply gunned with my 375 H&H, recently I purchased both a 416 Rigby and a 404 Jeffery. If you already reload all you need are the dies, brass and projectiles. Bigger guns are just more fun period. When you have a few moments read some of the previous posts re. subjects that interest you. Soon you will begin thinking about the possibility of hunting Africa. Then before you know it you'll have your first safari booked.

Welcome to AH, Legolas.

If you shoot a .300WM, the .375HH will not be a problem for you, and will be more than adequate for anything you will care to shoot.

Personally, I prefer the straight american style stock.

Welcome to AH, just get the 375 you will love it!

Welcome to AH!

I’ve gotten very used to my .375 Ruger and the recoil from it. I used to have a brake on it but took it off after a while. It fits me and I can shoot it well. I also used to be averse to recoil but when you need a bigger gun to do what you’ve dreamed of it all comes together!
Philip

Welcome to this great forum Legolas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,