Hello Everyone from Utah, United States

Welcome aboard glad to have you!!

Welcome from Davis County. Good to see some Fellow Utahns on here.

Welcome to AH

Start telling the stories of your hunts.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome, and any advice on where the best Elk are in Utah?
There are a few good places for elk hunting in Utah. If you can afford it Deseret Ranch in northern Utah has really big bulls. I cannot remember the name of the unit but around Richfield and Fillmore, in central Utah, there are some big bulls there.

Beaver, Monroe and San Juan elk ridge-Deseret is a good suggestion western country (Austin Land) I think are the people to contact

Last edited:
Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Tanner Lee. How many times have you hunted Africa? what species other than Sable have you taken? What kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload? Are you planning any future hunts? If so, what, when and where?

Welcome aboard Tanner Lee. How many times have you hunted Africa? what species other than Sable have you taken? What kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload? Are you planning any future hunts? If so, what, when and where?
I have hunted South Africa twice. I personally have harvested Sable, Blue Wildebeest, White/common Blesbuck, Common Springbuck, Impala, Jackals and Guinea Foul. I have helped guide and take part in hunts for a lot of other species though. My second trip back to South Africa was for about two full months. I was an apprentice with the outfitter I went with the first time over there.
I really like using 270 win. and 300 win. mag. for hunting, there both Winchesters model 70s . I also really enjoy muzzleloader hunting which is what I do most often here in the states. I do not do any reloading have the stuff for it but never have really gotten into it.
I am not currently planning any African hunts but I am always on the look out to get back to Africa. I tell people that if they just get me a plane ticket I can be to the airport ready to go in about 20 minutes. I really want to go back but probably wont be able to for a few more years realistically.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! Agree that is a fine sable. I have also taken the (underappreciated) guinea fowl in SA. That was a fantastic hunt. Best of luck in making it happen again in the near term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg