Hello everyone from Montana

Cowboy

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Montana, Texas, Idaho, Washington, Alaska, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Mexico
Hello everyone. I was very excited to start my research for my next hunt. I will be heading to South Africa in August and I am finding this website very helpful. Thank you.

Welcome Cowboy! Tell us a little about yourself...where you live, what you like to hunt, what are you planning to hunt in RSA, who are you going with, have you been to Africa before, etc.
There's a lot of info here to plow through. Good luck on your hunt!

I live in Hamilton, Montana. I have hunted Big Game in the Rocky Mountains my entire life. I typically hunt traditional archery style with a recurve. But I do carry a rifle now and then. I am planning on hunting a Kudu, Warthog, and a Wildebeest this August. I can't wait. I have a feeling that this may become trip I try to make every couple of years. Thanks for the welcome.

Ridgewalker, I see that you hunted Limpopo - South Africa. That is where I am heading with Matlabas Game Hunters.

You live in some fine country! I've bird hunted mostly while in Montana and mostly around Havre and south to Miles City.
I use to bow hunt, killed 7 deer (white tails and mulies) all with a recurve plus one 5x5 elk using a compound which I called in to 17 yards. Blew all 4 tendons out on my rotator 30 years ago mountain biking in Moab. Had to give up bow hunting. I might try it again just to see if I've got what it takes.

I hope Limpopo has received some good rains. They really needed it last June.

Welcome aboard Cowboy. My boys and I hunted in Limpopo last August. You are in for the time of your life. Who will you be hunting with?

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it.

Welcome Cowboy, be prepared to be bitten by the African bug there's nothing like your first trip ..enjoy.

Welcome Cowboy! I'm from 9 mile out west of Missoula, currently ham strung in Houston, TX
Spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods chasing elk and girls when I was in high school. Lol
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome to AH ! Great to have you join us.

Greetings! Montana is my home away from home, on occasion. Mostly down around West Yellowstone, and the Madison Valley. One of my favorite places.

Looking forward to your hunt report from SA.

Reactions: BWH
Howdy sir!

Greetings! Montana is my home away from home, on occasion. Mostly down around West Yellowstone, and the Madison Valley. One of my favorite places.

Looking forward to your hunt report from SA.

Love SW MT!!!!

Welcome from Tropical Minnesota

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.
Make sure you take lots of pictures and take some notes for your hunt report.

Enjoy your hunt

Welcome to AH and have a great hunt!

Welcome TO AH Cowboy! Nice of you to take the time to say hi. Hope you'll share your hunt with us upon your return. :)

Hi Cowboy
Spent my first 21 years in Scobey MT and MSU.
Since then have been moving south. Now I am in Colorado and am mostly a bow hunter but I am still on training wheels:).
My first trip to SA was with a bow and I also had an Impala on my list.
The second time I went I did it with a 300wm so I could get out and see more of the country.
Take what you can with a STICK!!!! But either bring your rifle as needed.
With a bow I left my impala there but I did get it the second time.

IMG_0561.JPG

This is the shot that left it in SA. A half inch higher and I would have spined it and it would have been mine.
Was so pumped that they were videoing my hunt. Found out above it was to prove I hit the animal or not. Got great videos of the other three trophies.
IMG_0069.JPG

300 WM went about 30 yds.
Would be happy to answer any question PM me.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg