Hello and thank you

Mike53

AH member
Reaction score
I am not an African hunter; but one who dreams of one day becoming one. Without dreams, after all, where would be the enjoyment of life? In the meantime, I love reading about all types of hunting and the rifles for the task, as well as shooting and reloading for the ones I own. Having visited this site for quite some time, I find it very interesting and informative reading. Thank you to those who have shared their expertise. I look forward to learning more.

Welcome aboard Mike53. YES you are correct dreams are where things start. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? What do you normally hunt with them?

Thanks for joining. Please share your experiences and thoughts. They are what make this site sooo interesting.

Shootist43; in addition to Remington and CZ rimfires, I have rifles in 7x57, .30/06, .35 Remington, and ,375 H&H. Then, of course, there is my .54 muzzleloader. I hunt the game available to me; which would be deer, bear, wild boar, and elk for the most part. I also hunt with handguns; mainly an old 1959 Ruger Flat Top .44 Magnum Blackhawk. I enjoy handloading and bullet casting as well. Virtually all of my hunting is done with my own loads. But my experience is small compared to that of many on this site.

Since you already have a .375 H&H, from a weapons standpoint, you are ready to go to Africa now!

Reactions: cls
Welcome to AH and the beginnings of your African addiction. The enablers on here will help you get to Africa sooner than you think. As said above that 375 H&H is all you need.

Welcome aboard! If your health allows, there are many ways to make an African hunt affordable. Hope someday your dream becomes reality.

Welcome aboard!

Mike53, welcome to the AH forum! I too love my dreams! Without dreams, nothing can progress to a reality, JMO! Follow your dreams!
Looking forward to your participation!

Welcome to AH Mike!

Giday Mike53 and welcome to the A H forums

Enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the posting side.

Hi Mike, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Mike53! Glad to have you on the posting side.

Welcome to AH

I am not an African hunter; but one who dreams of one day becoming one. Without dreams, after all, where would be the enjoyment of life? In the meantime, I love reading about all types of hunting and the rifles for the task, as well as shooting and reloading for the ones I own. Having visited this site for quite some time, I find it very interesting and informative reading. Thank you to those who have shared their expertise. I look forward to learning more.

Hello Mike53,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH, Mike!

Welcome to AH and the posting side Mike! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois