Hello and glad to join in here

The Famous Grouse

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been a reader of these forums for some years now, but finally thought it's time to join. My thanks for all past info, I've learned a lot even though I wasn't an official member.

Why the interest in safari hunting? Back in my teen years I was sitting in the library one day reading Field & Stream and the old, gray-haired, very-stern-looking librarian came over and handed me a book. She said, you should be reading the GREAT hunting stories, not this magazine tosh all the time. Of course she handed me a Corbett book. I never asked her why she did that, maybe she had the soul of a hunter, but after that she went to great lengths to get me similar books that I'm sure nobody where I'm from had ever heard of or read. I was hooked, of course.

I'm an SCI member and I've been attending the annual show in Vegas for a few years now. I have decided that next year will be my "book it" year for my first safari, so hence the thought that it was time to join. I have never hunted outside of the USA, so I must admit that the idea of packing up guns and gear and heading for the airport for points overseas is a little daunting.

I'm sure I'll have many questions in times to come, but I very much enjoy this forum and look forward to the advice that members here give.

Grouse

grouse,research,research,research.cant do enough of it.and here is the place to start.

The Famous Grouse,

Welcome! Please come and visit us at the Vegas SCI Convention/Show. Come by the booths and introduce yourself. We would welcome the chance to meet you and talk a little African hunting. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask any questions.... Lots of eager folks on here willing to share their experiences and advice.

Glad you came onto the posting side. Welcome.
The planning is a great part of the fun.
Enjoy

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH Grouse! Glad that you introduced yourself and looking forward to having you on the board.

welcome to the site. You have just started helping one of the best sites I have ever been part of. Have fun looking for the place to make all your African hunting dreams come true

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH Grouse. The planning is a large part of the fun, enjoy!

MIke

Welcome to formally being an AH member! Good luck work your safari planning!

Welcome aboard! I also grew up reading Corbett.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH. I know that this group will help you in many ways to prepare for that trip of a lifetime. Search the site and post some questions! Many of us know places we would love to see you visit on a first safari.
Regards,
Philip

Welcome to AH, Grouse!

Welcome!

Welcome Grouse. I too joined this year and pulled the plug and visited Africa for the first but not last time. Why Safari you asked, for me it was the adventure, something so new and different.

welcome from Texas. I hope you enjoy the process of planning your safari and please reach out with any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg