Hello Africa addicts

Shuggy

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
South Africa, Australia
Hello All

I am new to these site's and forums so I will see how I go. My dream came true a couple of years ago and I hunted in South Africa for a week, now I watch and read anything I can find on Africa now which drives my wife crazy!. If I ever win lotto I will return and spend a year hunting through Africa, until that happens I will just have to dream!. Africa was awesome to hunt in but travelling through the place was almost as good, such diversity of landscapes and animals in different countries. Not many people can say they camped on the Serengeti and had a hyena try to rip their tent open, Africa is certainly exciting!
I look forward to seeing and learning more about Africa on here in the future

Cheers

Shuggy

Shuggy, please do post some of those photos of your trophies!!
Good to have you on the wagon!

Welcome Shuggy, we another addict on AH!

Welcome Shuggy, we would love to see some pics of your safari.

nd

Welcome. This is our addiction too!

Welcome to AH Shuggy!

Did you travel to Tanzania as well as hunt RSA? You mention the Serengeti which of course is not in RSA. Welcome to AH!

Thankyou, yes I travelled through Tanzania but sadly didn't hunt there, my wife and I spent 3 weeks camping out the back of a safari truck from Victoria Falls to Nairobi so we saw parts of Zimbabwe,Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi and Kenya. Spent a couple of days on Zanzibah what an oasis!. It was a cheap budget trip so we shopped at local markets( food budget was $4US/day and we ate well!) and had AK47's pointed at us a couple of times at remote road blocks by corrupt officials wanting bribes. All part of the adventure, though it wasn't fun at the time!!.

Wow, that sounds like quite an adventure! Thanks for the clarification. Tanzania was my first African country to hunt in and it was quite the place even in 1985. Would love to go back someday. You have already seen more of Africa than many on this site myself included. Enjoy!!

You must be planning to go back eventually ? Welcome to AH and yes we need photos. A mate of mine did one of those truck trips in 1984 after we hitch hiked south from Harare to Cape Town via Bulawayo, Vic Falls, back for a few weeks in Gwanda, Jo'Burg, Rorkes Drift, Durban and Knysna. He had a blast.

South Africa is so totally different to 'wild' Africa.

I know how you feel, I have to wait 2 more years till I get to go back. Luckly I have a nice trip to New zealand and Australia next year to help distract me.

Yes I would love to go back again to travel and to hunt, Africa has 50 countries I have only seen part of 5. South Africa was mostly very civilised and Cape Town especially reminded me of Australian cities, yes I love the 'wild Africa' much more. My wife isn't keen on the idea after our couple of incidents she thinks if I go back I may not come home again. Family has to come first for a while but this great site makes me want to go back there again soon. I just have to convince the boss I am worth 20% more to make it happen!

Welcome to AH Shuggy.
Please post details of some of your adventures. I am sure all would enjoy reading them

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH. Africa certainly has this something different, exciting, and raw about it which lures people back time and time again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross