Heavy Rain in Namibia

JoosR

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Beautiful Green Namibia, a little flooding but we are so happy for the rain.

Dam is 81% full
81% Full.jpg

Neckartal Dam is overflowing
Neckartal Dam Overflowing.jpg

Beautiful Green Savanas
Savanas.jpg

So pleased for Namibia. Here in Zimbabwe the same, and the big winners are the animals.
Nothing evokes the feel of Africa more than a dirt road disappearing into a massive storm. Joos please wont you get that printed on canvas and I will be your first customer, please. PM me when you are ready.
Thanks,
Kevin

Well, thank God. So the crakes will winter well in the Limpopo River valley. I have a young spaniel to train next year, and crake is the perfect subject for that. And oddly enough, they winter in south-east Africa.

Happy days for Namibia ! Last time, 2019, it was terribly dry. We were management hunting. We reached our Quota and the PH told us to carry on. Specifically targeting the animals that go down first in drought conditions, Hartebeest and warthog.
Looking forward to getting back whenever we can travel again.

I consider myself a bird guy and felt foolish I didn’t know what a crake was-thank goodness for google! My favorite thing about Africa is the enormous diversity of wildlife, glad they got the rains to replenish their land-hope the rain makes its way down to the Cape Town area of south africa
1B44EC1B-A10C-443F-B7DC-44F9160848E0.jpeg

Wonderful life giving rain!

It will be green there this year and plenty of feed. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

I’m so happy to see you guys getting some rain!

Some good news...for a change! :)

Good news indeed! Glad to see it.

Have enjoyed watching vids of rains in Namibia. Great to see. Also worth looking at is YT and Augrabies Falls on the Orange..........thanks for posting..............FWB

Good to see....we are lucky here as even if we have what we would consider bad rains it's still a lot...and this year been good...basically had rain nearly every day....our manager got excited when it didn't rain for 3 days just now....thunder rumbling around as I type this..

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of rain has fallen in Botswana too...good for Africa this...something very positive in this pandemic..

Good to see....we are lucky here as even if we have what we would consider bad rains it's still a lot...and this year been good...basically had tain nearly every day....our manager got excited when it didn't rain for 3 days just now....thunder rumbling around as I type this..

And yup pissed down soon after...

20210207_143630.jpg

Last edited:
And yup pissed down soon after...

View attachment 388079
Hi Spike, you are obviously following the Kariba levels as I am, and although the lake is not unusually full for this time of year at about 28% generating capacity, what is unusual is that the filling cycle has started about a month early and is rising steeply. If the Zambezi comes down big time the only course of action they have is to open all the turbines south and north bank. If the dam overtopped it wouldnt be serious on the south bank because of the abbutment, but north bank is straight wall to gorge so an erosion problem. Let's get lots of rain, but no surprise cyclones joining in!

7CDA332C-97FD-403E-AA18-C8898B0BCEBF.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross