AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
We had a great time at the Great American Outdoor Show! Thank you to everyone that came by to spend some time with us!

Our favourite visitor was a kid called Vinnie, his family bought him to our booth to ask whether he could touch the taxidermy! Vinnie is blind but he loves animals and the only way he could experience them is through touching and feeling them. The smile on his face said everything and hats off to his family to put in the extra effort! Furthermore, little Vinnie had a “walking stick” that straps onto his hips to enable him to walk around by himself with a little bit of assistance from his family!

Next up, we are heading to Nashville, We will be in booth Nr #2812 and we are looking forward to seeing you there!

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 09.34.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 09.34.08.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 09.34.44.jpeg

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.

Wow. What a neat experience!

Great Story, I'll see you in Nashville.

Very touching. Save travels to Nashville. See ya there!

We had a great time at the Great American Outdoor Show! Thank you to everyone that came by to spend some time with us!

Our favourite visitor was a kid called Vinnie, his family bought him to our booth to ask whether he could touch the taxidermy! Vinnie is blind but he loves animals and the only way he could experience them is through touching and feeling them. The smile on his face said everything and hats off to his family to put in the extra effort! Furthermore, little Vinnie had a “walking stick” that straps onto his hips to enable him to walk around by himself with a little bit of assistance from his family!

Next up, we are heading to Nashville, We will be in booth Nr #2812 and we are looking forward to seeing you there!

View attachment 517310

View attachment 517311View attachment 517312

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.
Oh my gosh @AjFourie, this is so very special and brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful that Vinnie had the opportunity to experience African Wildlfie like this. Thank you for offering him this opportunity. I know some people don't like their mounts being touched or handled.

:love: Simply AWESOME!

That should make even the hardest heart soften.

Always wondered why so many exibits at DSC have signs saying do not touch the taxidermy. I understand they're expensive mounts, they're not easy to clean or maintain, and there's no telling what anyone has had their hands in or on before they would touch them and yes I know we have oil on our skin, but feeling an animal makes the experience 10 times what looking at one is. I have friends bring their kids over to my house just to see my African mounts I always ask the kids if they want to touch them, the vast majority of the time they do. Feeling the curl of a kudu or the ridges of a gemsbok is so much more than just looking at them.

Awesome!

Ive seen the SCI sensory safari for blind kids. It’s a trailer full of donated trophy mounts specifically for kids like Vinnie. Cool.

You can feel his happiness by the smile on his face! That is so wonderful!

Ive seen the SCI sensory safari for blind kids. It’s a trailer full of donated trophy mounts specifically for kids like Vinnie. Cool.
Hi Doug

We told them about that trailer and they said they will see if they can find it!

Wr all have so much to be thankful for!!!
Yet some choose to rather bash each other??

Love stories like this, well done gents

View attachment 517310

View attachment 517311View attachment 517312

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.
Fantastic sir, well done. And to that youngsters family too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you