Heads Up On Merkel Double Rifle Sale

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
got an email about this and the prices are good so I figured id pass it along to you guys.

http://www.eurooptic.com/merkel-sxs...il&utm_term=0_27bb0fedaf-b17f40db08-158105133

-Matt

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 9.00.48 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is a deal.

Wow, agree with Tom!!!

Are these the same Merkel double rifles that are "doubling" and creating much discussion on multiple forums?

Are these the same Merkel double rifles that are "doubling" and creating much discussion on multiple forums?

no idea, i dont own a Merkel rifle. if you are having issues with your Merkel double then i suggest you contact them and im sure they will set things strait.

-matt

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea, i dont own a Merkel rifle. if you are having issues with your Merkel double then i suggest you contact them and im sure they will set things strait.

-matt

Yep their US distributor is in Bessemer AL and they have a master gunsmith on premises to make repairs if needed. I would love to have a 470 NE I. One of these. Thanks for sharing @matt85

Wow that is tempting Matt.

That's pretty close to dealer pricing, so yeah I would say it's a good deal. If you're in the market for a double rifle and Merkel is on your list, I would give it some seious consideraion (y)

be wary of that auction... the seller has no rating. this wouldnt be an issue for a small item but for $7000 its very risky.

-matt
This!
I would only make the deal FTF or with another trusted AH member helping me out. I have done it a couple times for guys wanting to buy a rifle in Houston. One was completely legit and I acquired the rifle and shipped it to my friends FFL. The other was a Ruger Express Rifle, I drove to the address provided and it was in a section 8 housing complex in the hood. I only had a 45, 380 and an AR-15 with me so I figured i might be under gunned for this particular neiborhood. Needless to say I didn't go knocking on doors and no Express was procured. I'm pretty sure that if there was one in that building it had been liberated from its rightful owner during a burglary. I don't deal with anyone without feedback on GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg